Job Postings Title:
Banquet Server - The Ellison Hotel
Plains Management Group is a premier Hospitality Development and Management Company with decades of experience. Bringing the wisdom of experience in hospitality to its projects, striving to create a singular experience for each guest of each hotel. We are a privately held, fully integrated Hotel Development, Ownership and Management company located in Oklahoma City, OK. Formed in 2011 by the company’s Managing Partners, Jonathan Pitman and Ryan Slater, the company was created with the vision to develop, own and manage high quality hotels.
The Ellison, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel is part of Marriott’s Tribute brand that is a collection of independent hotels. As a lifestyle boutique, The Ellison was established to honor Oklahoman Author, Ralph Ellison, and to highlight Oklahoma and its uniquely undiscovered qualities. We are your Neighborhood Hotel, located in The Classen Curve adjacent to Nichols Hills and Western Avenue district. Discover what is Hidden in Plain Sight …
• Banquet Server
• Full-Time or Part-Time
• Restaurant Lounge, Dining Room, Patio, Banquet Areas and Rooftop Patio Bar
• 120 Room Count Upscale Boutique Hotel
• Urban Location
• Supervisor: Restaurant Management, Director of Food & Beverage
The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions and ensure guest have a pleasant dining experience.
• Responsible for setting the final banquet space to the guest’s specifications and our standards. This may involve moving tables, setting tablelcloths and carting other heavy equipment.
• Greets customers as they are seated at the table; ensures the table is clean and that utensils, napkins, and other needs have been provided.
• Answers questions regarding the menu.
• Takes food and beverage orders and delivers them to the kitchen.
• Delivers food, beverages, condiments, and other requested items to customers.
• Ensures that food is prepared correctly and to customers satisfaction; returns incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
• Collects plates and clears the table as customers finish their meals.
• Prepares customers checks and collects payments.
• Assists with other tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
• Ability to operate point-of-sale systems.
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
• Must be able to lift, balance, and carry trays of food weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Must be at least eighteen years old (at least 21 years old to serve alcoholic beverages).
• Current liquor license issued by the Oklahoma ABLE Commission.
• Previous experience as a server preferred.
• Must successfully complete restaurants training course.
The Ellison Hotel is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
The Ellison Hotel
6000 N. Shartel