9:30 AM - 4:00 PM EST
September 13, 2022 (9:30-4:00)
Hilton Columbus at Easton
3900 Chagrin Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43219
It’s a fact: Suicide among military personnel is at a crisis level. Though we’ve come a long way in learning how to recognize the signs and what to do to help, we need to do more even faster. This means stepping up the effort to integrate suicide prevention practices within military culture, coordinating the effort the connect those in need to life-saving resources, and promoting greater awareness of mental health and suicide.
Our conference will focus on bringing organizations together to discuss how Suicide Prevention Coalitions function and how they relate to Strategy 4 of the Suicide Prevention Plan for Ohio (2020-2022), Lethal Means Safety & Community Based Interventions for Suicide, Life Side Ohio, and the importance of the Ohio Cares website.
Keynote Speaker - Sebastian Junger:
Sebastian Junger is the internationally acclaimed, best-selling author of WAR, The Perfect Storm, A Death in Belmont and Fire. He is also the acclaimed director of the documentary films Restrepo and Korengal. As a contributing editor to Vanity Fair and as a contributor to ABC News, he has covered major international news stories and has been awarded the National Magazine Award and a SAIS Novartis Prize for Journalism.
- Mark Cappone, Voinovich Academy Senior Executive in Residence and Principal Leadership Coach - Voinovich Academy
- Thelma Hodge, Community Engagement and Partnership Coordinator (CEPC) - Veterans Affairs
- Jay Johnson, Director of Voinovich Academy for Excellence in Public Service - Voinovich Academy
- Mary Wolff, Associate Director - Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
- Dr. Tara Consolino, Suicide Prevention Program Manager - Veterans Integrated Services Networks (VISN) 10
- Scott Light, Life Side Ohio - Scott Light Consulting
- Austin Lucas, Program Director - Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
- Christa Page, Community Engagement and Partnership Coordinator (CEPC) - Veterans Affairs
- Danny Eakins, Administrator, Office of Veteran Policy & Programs - Ohio Department of Veterans Services
- MAJ David Kirker, Director of Psychological Health - Ohio Army National Guard
- Adreana Tartt, Special Populations Program Coordinator - Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
This FREE educational opportunity is brought to you by generous contributions from the Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities, and Gilbane Building Company.
Program Manager | Veteran Liaison
Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
Where There's Help, There's Hope
The Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation champions, advocates, and coordinates strategies to reduce the risk of suicide and supports efforts to assist those individuals, families, and communities impacted by suicide.