Job Board Title:
Job Classification: Full Time
A multi-award winning facility, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) has earned a solid reputation as North America’s leading Convention Centre, and has held over 18,000 events and hosted over 55 million guests since opening for business in October 1984. Covering over 2 million square feet, the MTCC is Canada’s largest convention facility, boasting seven exhibit halls, two large capacity ballrooms, and a beautiful 1,232 seat theatre among its many assets. It also houses 70 fully furnished meeting rooms, and 167,000 square feet of beautifully decorated pre-function spaces.
The MTCC is conveniently connected to Toronto’s Union Station railway and transit station through the Skywalk and is also accessible via the city’s underground PATH system.
MTCC is a Crown Corporation of the Province of Ontario and is proudly governed and led by an executive management team and an independent board of directors comprised of senior private sector business leaders. The mandate of the company is to position the Centre as a world-class destination, while helping to generate economic benefit to the community and at the same time remaining financially self-sufficient.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre prides itself on its professionalism, responsiveness, and dedication to making every event it hosts memorable for its customers and guests alike.
A permanent position has become available for a Purchasing Administrator to assist the Purchasing Manager in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Purchasing department.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the key responsibilities will include:
- Enter weekly price quotes for goods and services, including fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat and product specifications, and other relevant vendor information in our database; update and maintain a database of suppliers and products in Adaco.
- Create purchase orders from approved purchase requisitions in Adaco
- Follow up on deliveries and resolve issues with MTCC suppliers
- Mail room duties including handling of incoming and outgoing mail, including courier services
- Maintain and issue inventory of office supplies, including paper for printers and Administration kitchen supplies
- Follow up with MTCC department representatives, Storeroom, Receiving, and Food & Beverage team to ensure delivery requirements are met and report any issues to the Purchasing Manager
- Assist the Receiving as and when required follow up with MTCC departments and suppliers on issues
- Act as liaison between MTCC departments and external suppliers
- Keep record of Purchasing documentation, including invoices, purchase orders, project files and email communication.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in supplier assessment and selection, and managing supplier contracts
- Establish and maintain a strong and professional relationship with suppliers for the most cost-effective and favourable services
- Implement strategies seen fit to reduce operational,capital and Food & Beverage costs
- Administrative assistance with competitive procurement process
- Assist Purchasing department with process improvement and developing/updating purchasing forms and instructions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager
- One year of experience and knowledge of purchasing, supply chain and administration, preferably in hospitality and/or government environments
- A service-oriented professional attitude, active listening and learning, time management skills, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgement and decision making
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Knowledge of Ungerboeck event management system, Adaco Inventory system and Biddingo is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritise work and multitask
- Successfully work as a team player in a multi-department organization
Interested applicants are asked to submit their application online no later than:
October 6, 2023
Please note: The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. During any stage of the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
View Job Description