Please either mail in your application or fill out the online form below by April 1st.
The Jack H. Wagner Scholarship
The JACK H. WAGNER SCHOLARSHIP was developed to support local students seeking a career in Operations for Water Resource Recovery and Treatment. The funds from this scholarship are designed to go towards earning their certificate or degree, in an applicable course of study.
- Applicants must:
1) Be currently attending a Michigan college or university, 2) be pursuing a course of study leading to a career in Operations for Wastewater Treatment, and 3) have at least a 2.5 academic average, on a 4.0 GPA academic scale.
A paper of between 500 and 600 words reflecting their career interests and objectives, and how they envision using their education to enhance water quality.
Copy of their current college or university transcripts.
A resume showing all full and part-time employment, education history and extra-curricular activities.
One (1) letter of recommendation from their academic advisor, or other appropriate official, attesting to their course of study and other aspects of their application.
- The above materials must be submitted with a cover letter itemizing the enclosures. Questions regarding the materials required to be submitted, may be directed to MWEA: email@example.com or 517-641-7377.
- All applications must be postmarked by April 1st and mailed to the MWEA office OR fill out the online form below.
RE: Student Scholarships
5815 Executive Drive
Lansing, MI 48911
- All entries will be judged by a panel representing the diverse membership of the Michigan Water Environment Association. If, in the opinion of the judges, suitable entries are not received, no scholarship may be awarded. In all cases, the opinion of the judges will be final.
- The one year $5,000.00 Jack H. Wagner Scholarship shall be awarded annually at the MWEA Annual Conference. The check will be issued in the name of the student and the school and is for academic purposes.
- Scholarship winner shall also be given complimentary two (2) year membership to the MWEA
If you are filling out this form for the first time, please click the New Submission button on the left.
If you are returning to edit or complete a previous submission, please fill out the email address and access code you set up previously and click Edit Submission.