Please either mail in your application or fill out the online form below by April 1st.
THE ANTENORE C. “BUTCH” DAVANZO SCHOLARSHIP
The ANTENORE C. “BUTCH” DAVANZO SCHOLARSHIP was developed to help college-bound students, whom are interested in pursuing a career in treatment or some other aspect of the water environment field, fund their 1st year of post-high school education.
1) Be a senior at a Michigan-based High School or home school program, 2) be interested in pursuing a course of study leading to a career in Wastewater Treatment or in some other aspect of the water environment field, 3) be accepted and planning to attend a Michigan based College or University, and 4) have at least a 2.5 academic average, on a 4.0 scale.
A paper of between 500 and 600 words reflecting their career interests and objectives, and how they envision using their education to enhance water quality.
A resume showing full and part-time employment, education history and extra-curricular activities, for at least the past five (5) years.
One (1) letter of recommendation from their academic advisor, or other appropriate official, attesting to their interests and other aspects of their application.
- The above materials must be submitted with a cover letter itemizing the enclosures. Questions regarding the materials required to be submitted, may be directed to MWEA: firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-641-7377.
- All applications must be postmarked by April 1st and mailed to the MWEA office or fill out the online form.
RE: Student Scholarships
5815 Executive Drive
Lansing, MI 48911
- All entries will be judged by a panel representing the diverse membership of the Michigan Water Environment Association. If, in the opinion of the judges, suitable entries are not received, no scholarship may be awarded. In all cases, the opinion of the judges will be final.
- The one year $2,500.00 Antenore C “Butch” Davanzo Scholarship will be formally awarded at the summer MWEA Annual Conference, for use in their first semester of college/university. The check will be issued in the name of the student and the school and is to be used for academic purposes only.
- Scholarship winner shall also be given complimentary two (2) year membership to the MWEA.
If you are filling out this form for the first time, please click the New Submission button on the left.
If you are returning to edit or complete a previous submission, please fill out the email address and access code you set up previously and click Edit Submission.