International Society for Environmental Epidemiology - Event Information
International Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal)
Online/synchronous, 5-9 Sept, English
Organized by the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) and funded by the Severo Ochoa Strategic Programme, this online International Summer School offers five modules designed for young researchers, postgraduate, master, doctoral students or other professionals with an interest to explore new topics or continue their learning in the Global Health field.
The overall objective is to give an in-depth overview on the next topics with a focus on case-based and participatory learning:
• Module 1. Health Impact Assessment: Principles and Practices
• Module 2. Endemic and Pandemic Infectious Diseases and their Disruptive Impact in Society
• Module 3. Introduction to Biomedical Data Science and Machine Learning
• Module 4. Planetary Health: An Approach to Climate Change and Other Challenges of the Anthropocene
• Module 5. Exposome Concepts and Innovative Tools
Note that the course is free of charge for participants from low- and middle-income countries according to the World Bank classification. When registering you will have to choose your module/s of interest bearing in mind that some modules will be running in parallel and you can only attend one of them.
The Spring School is supported by funding from our “Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2019-2023” Program (CEX 2018-000806-S) from the Spanish State Research Agency, a body affiliated with the Ministry of Science and Innovation. For more information please check the course webpage here.