|Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer
W. W. Wheeler and Associates, Inc. (Wheeler) is seeking to hire an entry-level geotechnical engineer or engineering geologist for our Englewood, Colorado office. We would prefer a candidate with an M.S. degree, education in slope stability and seepage analyses; and experience using SlopeW, SeepW, Mathcad, AutoCAD and GIS. Candidates with B.S. degrees will be considered. Experience in geotechnical field exploration, geologic mapping, geotechnical lab testing, geotechnical analyses and construction management are desirable, but not required.
Wheeler is a small, established, well-respected, family-oriented, water resources engineering firm that has been in business since 1955 and specializes in water rights, water supply planning, water conveyance, and dam engineering. We are expanding our practice to include geotechnical engineering, so this would be an opportunity to become involved in on the ground floor of an exciting geotechnical and dam engineering practice. Entry-level engineers will work under the direction of more experienced engineers and duties can include engineering analysis, design, data review, field work, report writing, drawing preparation, or other duties as required to complete our work.
We offer an excellent benefits package and our smaller size allows our staff engineers the opportunity to gain a good mix of experience on a variety of water resources and geotechnical engineering projects with several different clients. Most of our work is within Colorado but we also work on dam safety projects nationwide.
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com
|Senior Geotechnical Engineer- Montrose or Denver location
The Geotechnical Engineer will be a leader for the Colorado team by helping pursue new projects and expand our relationships with current clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and perform all phases of geotechnical engineering for structures and earthworks.
• Develop and perform geotechnical field investigations.
• Develop geotechnical laboratory testing programs and interpret laboratory test data.
• Perform engineering analyses and provide design and construction recommendations.
• Supervise, train, and mentor staff engineers, geologists, and technicians.
• Review design drawings and specifications for conformance with geotechnical recommendations.
• Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
• Market and develop geotechnical engineering clients and projects across the entire State of Colorado.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Must possess a MS degree in geotechnical engineering and have a minimum of ten years of geotechnical engineering experience or possess a BS degree and have a minimum of 15 years of experience. Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a private engineering firm performing geotechnical engineering for public and private clients. Must have sufficient experience to work independently with a minimum of support and supervision.
Must have a depth of foundation experience with a broad range of buildings and other structures and with earthworks and earthwork construction.
Must have a strong background in strength and consolidation properties of soils and laboratory measurement of these properties.
Must have experience in planning geotechnical field explorations, soil sampling, logging test borings and directing drilling operations.
Must have an understanding of surficial geology and depositional processes sufficient to interpret test boring data and to prepare, and explain, geologic cross sections between test borings. Additional depth of training and experience in geology, geophysics and rock mechanics is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be a Registered Professional Engineer. Must be, or have the ability to become, registered in the state hired for within six months of being hired.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have a sound understanding of soil mechanics and geotechnical laboratory testing.
• Ability to define problems, develop effective and meaningful investigations, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to determine appropriate scopes of work and fees for geotechnical services.
• Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing and to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, regulatory agencies, and the public.
• Ability to prepare proposals for geotechnical services and prepare preliminary and final reports.
• Must be able to use common engineering software for preparing boring logs, computing slope stability, analyzing piles, etc. Experience with GeoStudio (SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, SIGMA/W) is preferred.
• Experience with geophysical site investigations including conducting investigations and interpreting data is preferred.
• The ability to travel and work in remote areas under adverse conditions is required. Field work in remote locations of Colorado, during all seasons, is required.
• Ability to prioritize special projects and daily workload to ensure that all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is often required to drive long distances.
Must have the ability to work at remotes sites. Ability to walk and hike through rough terrain, snow and ice and perform the physically demanding work associated with site reconnaissance and subsurface exploration.
DOWL is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our company THRIVES ON DIFFERENCES! All we ask is that our employees and applicants continue to learn how to work better together. We believe in adjustment first, accommodation always. We believe that people come to work every day with positive intent.
Applications accepted online only at company careers webpage - https://careers.dowl.com
visit our website...