Michigan Nurses Association - March in Lansing
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016
|7:30 a.m.||Registration and Breakfast|
|8:45 a.m.||Keynote Speaker
– Sean Clarke, RN, PhD, FAAN “Safe Patient Care: Nurses Count”
|10:30 a.m.||“The Campaign for Safer Hospitals”
– Dawn Kettinger, MNA Director of Advocacy and Outreach, and MNA nurse leaders
|11:00 a.m.||Legislators’ Perspective: How Nurses Can Effectively Advocate for Patients and the Profession|
|11:35 a.m.||March to the Capitol steps|
|Noon||Rally for Our Patients and press conference – Capitol steps|
|12:30 p.m.||Lunch on Capitol Grounds with small group discussions|
|1:30 p.m.||Group dismissed|
Fee includes breakfast, lunch, materials and CNEs. Registration deadline is March 12. There will be a late registration of $25 after that date.
Register online here.
Download the PDF form here and fax or mail it in.
Program sessions will be held at the Lansing Convention Center, 333 E. Michigan Avenue, Lansing.
A limited number of overnight rooms have been reserved at a special discounted rate of $87 plus tax at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 2209 University Park Drive, Okemos. Individual attendees should make reservations directly with the hotel at 517.349.8700. Indicate that you are with the Michigan Nurses Association group to receive the discounted rate. Deadline to receive reservations is on or before March 1st, 2016.
- Discuss how adequate patient ratios are associated with lower rates of nurses' burnout and job dissatisfaction.
- Explain the link between fewer registered nurses and poor patient outcomes and danger to patient safety.
- Recognize how the lack of adequate qualified nurses is a public safety issue.