Job Postings Title:
Come for a job and stay for a great career as a Chief Engineer!
Responsible for the supervising the preventive maintenance and repairs of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems including all hotel operating equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E, grounds and swimming pool.
• Responsible for working with all departments to ensure Guest & Employee Satisfaction.
• Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of all assigned department personnel and department responsibilities.
• Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems such as HVAC, plumbing, and other equipment throughout the hotel.
• Assigns, supervises, and verifies completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure of hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility. Visually inspects quality of work and assigns staff and supervises outside contractors in tasks according to performance and productivity standards.
• Assumes responsibilities of shop foremen and other supervisors in their absences.
• Performs preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis such as “room care”.
• Communicates between hotel departments to ensure maintenance needs and requests are completed in a timely fashion.
• Services the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
• Supervises maintenance of the building exterior and curb appeal for snow removal, lawn care, painting, and other gardening.
• Maintains all company standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
• Investigates guest complaints.
• Participates and steers the hotel Safety Committee.
• Supports all Risk Management guidelines for fire and safety regarding Engineering including the proper storage of chemicals, paints and etc.,
• Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
• Must be able to work all shifts.
• Supports established policies and procedures for WinStar World Hotel and the hotel’s brand.
• Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
• Enforces established policies and procedures for WinStar World Hotel and the hotel’s brand.
• Practices the WinStar World Hotel Culture and ensures all cultural expectations are implemented and regularly practiced.
• Supports hotel’s training needs and efforts.
• Responsible for performing “other duties” as assigned by management.
• Degree or equivalent relative work experience of preferred.
• 2 years of Hotel management experience preferred.
• Must speak, read and write English.
• Excellent written & verbal communication.
• Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational skills.
• Ability to multitask in fast paced demanding environment.
• Microsoft Office skills required.
• Strong employee relations experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
• Ability to obtain any certifications, licenses or permits that may be required by law or company Regulations.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must have 3-5 years maintenance experience, with 2 years direct maintenance supervisory experience.
• Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each immediately.
• Must be highly skilled in HVAC, boilers, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
• Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance and be willing and able to “pitch in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
• Must have thorough knowledge of all operating departments including rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering, accounting, sales, food and beverage.
• Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills necessary to interpret electrical, mechanical and building systems.
• Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to analyze their design and intent and performance. Considerable knowledge of construction and building systems.
• Ability to analyze trends in utility consumption report and predict energy forecast and to set up energy conservation programs.
• Ability to write and speak the English language to comprehend and communicate job functions to engineering staff.
• Ability to perform duties in confined space and in awkward positions.
• Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation and to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
• Ability to instruct subordinates and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
• Ability to translate technical information or problems into layman’s terms.
• Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches and buttons, a computer keyboard and a 10-key calculator.
$1,000 sign on bonus - $300 referral bonus per person - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Life, 401k - Training & Career Growth Opportunities!
Winston Hospitality at The WinStar World Casino Hotel
21444 WORLD WAY DR
Thackerville, OK 73459