Job Postings Title:
Restaurant Host - The Ellison Hotel / Milo
Plains Management Group is a premier Hospitality Development and Management Company with decades of experience. Bringing the wisdom of experience in hospitality to its projects, striving to create a singular experience for each guest of each hotel. We are a privately held, fully integrated Hotel Development, Ownership and Management company located in Oklahoma City, OK. Formed in 2011 by the company’s Managing Partners, Jonathan Pitman and Ryan Slater, the company was created with the vision to develop, own and manage high quality hotels.
The Ellison, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel is part of Marriott’s Tribute brand that is a collection of independent hotels. As a lifestyle boutique, The Ellison was established to honor Oklahoman Author, Ralph Ellison, and to highlight Oklahoma and its uniquely undiscovered qualities. We are your Neighborhood Hotel, located in The Classen Curve adjacent to Nichols Hills and Western Avenue district. Discover what is Hidden in Plain Sight …
• Full-Time or Part-Time
• Restaurant Lounge, Dining Room, Patio, Banquet Areas and Rooftop Patio Bar
• 120 Room Count Upscale Boutique Hotel
• Urban Location
• Supervisor: Restaurant Management, Director of Food & Beverage
A Host is the first and last point of contact with guests at a restaurant and is responsible for greeting, seating and saying goodbye to guests as well as maintaining the flow of the restaurant during service. A Host diligently and efficiently manages seating and coordination of service in the restaurant and event spaces.
• Oversees the general functioning of the dining room during meal service, relaying information to managers and service personnel
• Maintains an accurate, fair and up-to-date waitlist and seating chart using a computerized system
• Takes and manages reservations in restaurants that allow reservations
• Balances the guest flow among the service stations, considering requests for a particular table or server depending on availability
• Informs guests when tables are ready, escorts them to table, provides menus and introduces the server
• Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons as needed to maintain service effectiveness and efficiency
• Performs other duties as required or assigned
• Professional appearance, high energy and the ability to naturally engage with guests.
• Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 25-30 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and twisting.
• Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
• 1+ year of experience in a high-volume restaurant
• Basic computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• High school or equivalent education required.
The Ellison Hotel is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
The Ellison Hotel
6000 N. Shartel
Oklahoma City, OK 73118