Job Postings Title:
Food Runner/Expo - The Ellison Hotel / Milo
Plains Management Group is a premier Hospitality Development and Management Company with decades of experience. Bringing the wisdom of experience in hospitality to its projects, striving to create a singular experience for each guest of each hotel. We are a privately held, fully integrated Hotel Development, Ownership and Management company located in Oklahoma City, OK. Formed in 2011 by the company’s Managing Partners, Jonathan Pitman and Ryan Slater, the company was created with the vision to develop, own and manage high quality hotels.
The Ellison, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel is part of Marriott’s Tribute brand that is a collection of independent hotels. As a lifestyle boutique, The Ellison was established to honor Oklahoman Author, Ralph Ellison, and to highlight Oklahoma and its uniquely undiscovered qualities. We are your Neighborhood Hotel, located in The Classen Curve adjacent to Nichols Hills and Western Avenue district. Discover what is Hidden in Plain Sight …
• Food Runner/Expo
• Full-Time or Part-Time
• Restaurant Lounge, Dining Room, Patio, Banquet Areas and Rooftop Patio Bar
• 120 Room Count Upscale Boutique Hotel
• Urban Location
• Supervisor: Restaurant Management, Director of Food & Beverage
The Food Runner / Expo position contributes to the success of the restaurant through two primary roles. The Food Runner / Expo will expedite tickets, sell food from the expo window and deliver food to tables within the restaurant. In addition to that, the Food Runner / Expo will take all room service orders, enter them into the POS system and deliver those orders to guestrooms in a timely manner.
• Deliver product that has been ordered by patrons to designated destination promptly.
• Relays order information to the appropriate service team member.
• Garnishes and decorates dishes prior to serving.
• Ensure that all work areas and stations are kept clean and tidy at all times
• Understand how to operate the equipment used in the outlet and to protect all assets in the outlet and in the hotel.
• Assist all guests (internal and external) with any inquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner.
• Actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned as business demands
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and multi task.
• Ability to learn point of sale system.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on serving guests.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of restaurant experience. (Upscale pref.).
• Hotel and/or private dining experience is preferred.
• Must be available day/night shifts, weekends and holidays.
The Ellison Hotel is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
The Ellison Hotel
6000 N. Shartel
Oklahoma City, OK 73118