Job Board Title:
Fiscal Assistant Foundation - Hourly
Basic Function: Responsible for supporting fiscal functions of the department, researching and documenting established accounting methods, and other fiscal duties as requested. This position reports to the VP for College Advancement/Foundation Director.
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Prepare and process Foundation purchases including voucher distributions, and purchase requisitions.
-Create and update a master vendor file to pay vendors for goods and services acquired.
- Research vendor claims and resolve problems related to accounts payable.
- Maintain W-9 forms and process annual 1099’s.
- Assist in researching information for annual audit.
- Assist with reconciling college budget transactions.
- Review and complete cash receipts journals.
- Assist in preparing monthly reports for various departments.
- Make copies and maintain file system including filing, creating new folders, and organizing current files.
- Obtain and maintain current information for all Foundation accounts to include purpose of account, authorized signers, or other account information deemed necessary.
- Follow applicable fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles and standards when processing transactions.
- Provide support service for Foundation fundraising events, such as assisting at live auctions, registration, and check-out.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One (1) year of recent full time equivalent accounting experience using accounting related software. Recent education may be substituted for professional experience.
- Intermediate word processing, business software and spreadsheet experience
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Ethics, integrity and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of accounts payable and the general ledger.
- Knowledge of applicable fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when processing transactions.
Application Material & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
1. Tacoma Community College online application form.
2. Resume and cover letter.
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time hourly position scheduled to work approximately 16 hours per week. The hourly pay range is $14.00 - $17.00 DOE/DOQ. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5055; Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6090. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466