Classified Ad Title:
Professional Land Surveyor
Seeking an experienced Professional Land Surveyor to measure properties and land parcels to identify boundaries and similar physical characteristics related to the property This position has significant growth opportunity. We also will extend ownership potential to the "right-fit" motivated candidate.
• Where applicable, directs and oversees junior or subordinate staff members regarding construction, operations, and/or maintenance tasks and assignments at a project site.Duties/Responsibilities:
• Executes land surveys to establish legal boundaries of property.
• Researches the area or assignment, including previous surveys and boundary lines.
• Prepares and maintains data, charts, plots, records, documents, legal descriptions, sketches, maps, and reports related to land surveys.
• Records all results, including dimensions of land or land features, location, contour, shape, and elevation.
• Interprets survey data and calculates geodetic measurements to determine shapes, positions, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
• Uses geodetic and engineering instruments to establish fixed points to create maps.
• Uses satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS), theodolites, levels, and transits to determine longitudes and latitudes of important boundaries and/or features in the survey area.
• Collaborates with engineering and architectural staff, clients, and other invested individuals to review and coordinate findings.
• Performs minor adjustments on surveying instruments to maintain accuracy.
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local surveying laws; rules, regulations, and county ordinances; and policies, procedures, and best practices relative to land surveying.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Skills/Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills to conduct land survey analysis.
• Thorough understanding of the principles, practices, and procedures of land surveying.
• Thorough understanding of federal and state laws related to land surveying and subdivision of land.
• Proficient with computerized mapping technologies and surveying instruments, and the computer applications and software used to process field data.Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or similar field required preferred.
• Licensure by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) or comparable certification required.Physical Requirements:
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Prolonged periods of working the field which could include inclement weather, long periods of driving and long periods of standing.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
About our location:
Live, work and play in Grand Junction, Colorado, a hidden gateway to countless outdoor amenities. Within a drive of 15 minutes to 2.5 hours, you will find world class mountain biking, skiing, hunting, fishing, climbing, hiking and rafting in a low-population density setting. River City Consultants, Inc. is a privately held, growing consulting firm nestled in this epicenter of adventure. Come join our team and not only enjoy where you live, but enjoy where you work.
Job Type: Full-time
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser to apply:
River City Consultants