Job Board Title:
Zillow Group is looking for a Tax Staff who is driven to succeed with a proven ability to manage large workloads, prioritize effectively, communicate clearly, and proactively deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced, growing, company. We’re looking for an individual who can learn complex processes quickly and take on new tasks including leading projects while also handling recurring functions. As Tax Staff, your responsibilities will be Federal, State, and International income tax issues. This includes the preparation of income tax returns and completing tax research related to income tax compliance issues. Additionally, you will be responsible for the preparation of some aspects of our quarterly and annual income tax provisions.
- Prepare all federal and state/local income tax returns, including international tax filings.
- Prepare portions of the annual and quarterly financial statement tax provisions and related SEC disclosures.
- Assist in tax audits by responding to requests and gathering the appropriate data.
- Maintain and document internal tax policies and procedures for SOX purposes.
- Responsible for maintenance of tax depreciation calculations for fixed assets, and related reporting.
- Complete ad-hoc tax research projects and appropriate documentation.
- Manage tax calendar for all jurisdictions.
- 1-2 years of work experience. Corporate Tax knowledge is preferable.
- Public accounting firm experience with a Big 4 or large accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Master’s of Tax is preferred.
- CPA or JD is required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CCH research platform and CCH income tax software.
- Knowledge of IRS and GAAP regulations and requirements for publicly-held companies.
- Superior organizational, process management and communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Solid time-management skills to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment.
- Great problem solving and analytical skill to analyze information, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership skills and maintain the highest level of ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance.
- Team player with the ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Workday Financials, a plus.
Please apply here: https://careers.zillowgroup.com/ShowJob/JobId/343474/Tax-Staff