Classified Ad Title:
Looking for a motivated self-starter to help a small start-up grow. Candidate must be willing to learn on the job in the office and the field. Duties will include field data collection, downloading and processing data, performing quality control review of survey data, preparing plots, drawings and stakeout files for public and private projects. Role may include civil engineering design as business grows.
Qualified candidate will work under the immediate supervision and direction of the Principal Surveyor to perform fieldwork tasks related to boundaries, construction and mapping requirements of survey projects. Required to assist with uploading/downloading data and maintaining related records. Candidate will be responsible for technical performance on small projects and/or designated tasks on large projects. Work will require application of standard surveying techniques and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Research property ownership for deeds, plats, easements, dedications and other documents at local County Recorder offices and online.
• Request information from title companies, highway departments, municipalities, etc. that relate to property being surveyed and adding information to CAD drawing.
• Assemble field packets for field work, check and breakdown field notes and coordinate information & questions with Principal Surveyor.
• Preparation of Construction, Subdivision, ALTA, Boundary, Topographic, and Special Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Surveying Exhibits.
• Manage CAD generated surface models and generate accurate contours, cross sections and profile drawings for engineering design.
• Perform field work as needed.
• Degree in Engineering, Surveying or related field preferred
• 6-10 years of surveying experience
• Land Surveyor Intern (LSI) is required, PLS preferred
• Valid driver’s license required
• Ability to travel when necessary
• Knowledge and experience using Trimble office products and Trimble field equipment is preferred
• AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/Inroads experience is preferred
Qualified candidate will work on preparing Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, and Construction Layout. Duties include performing deed research, deed plotting and map checks. Candidate will review and understand local and state ordinances.