Job Board Title:
Accountant / Fiscal Analyst (Full-time, 2019-20)
The Accountant/Fiscal Analyst performs and monitors all accounting functions, assists in budget development and employee group negotiation computations, assists in grant management, performs accounting analysis, and assists local component school districts.
The Fiscal Services Department performs and oversees all fiscal functions for the ESD including: budget development and preparation, accounts payable/receivable functions and monthly payrolls; monitoring local, state, and federal contracts and grants, administering the District's Section 125 Plan and risk-management program, and more. In addition to the District accounting functions, Fiscal provides customer service to all local school districts within Clackamas County for the finance system, such as payroll, accounts payable and fixed asset accounting. Fiscal also assists local districts with general accounting matters, fiscal analysis, and interpretation of local budget law and public bidding rules. At the request of the local school districts, Fiscal will assist with the preparation, review and filing of budget documents with the appropriate agencies.
1. Assists CFO in annual budget preparation and related projections
2. Assists CFO in preparing financial reports for the CESD superintendent, Board of Directors, management, and government entities
3. Prepares employee cost analysis for negotiations, maintains confidentiality of payroll information, prepares personnel budgeting of salaries and all associated payroll costs
4. Performs activities involved in the maintenance and control of the general ledger. Reviews and/or initiates and posts journal entries; monitors posted financial data; prepares financial analyses and reconciliations; researches and reviews transactions and advises departments on proper coding
5. Assists in annual audit preparation, including supporting analyses and schedules. Assists auditors by researching issues, creating reports, and responding to audit findings
6. Evaluates internal controls of systems and works cooperatively to provide recommendations for improvement to create greater compliance, transparency, and/or efficiencies
7. Assists business office and District staff with financial system operational concerns
8. Monitors, performs, and provides support for all payroll processing and accounting functions
* Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field preferred. Progressive school business/ governmental experience of at least 5 years will be considered.
* Five years of recent successful experience in fund accounting, preferably in the public sector
* Recent successful experience in all aspects of accounting functions
* Recent successful experience using a computer based system for accounting applications
* High proficiency in personal computer spreadsheet applications
* Working knowledge of grant accounting as it relates to Oregon education preferred
Applications accepted: https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Starting Salary: $57,991 - $68,225 with consideration for prior years of experience and highest level of education
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers exceptional benefit packages that include health, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance including HRA options, and district paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave and other personal paid leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and generous professional development allocation.
Commences: As soon as practical after job offer
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves all school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville. These districts range in size from about 650 to 17,500 students. Clackamas ESD offers a comprehensive set of services through the following departments: Teaching & Learning; Technology Services; Special Education Services, and Early Learning. Constituent school districts annually approve the programs and services provided by CESD. Clackamas County stretches from Mt. Hood to the Willamette Valley. Year-round recreation includes mountains (skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing); rivers and lakes (whitewater rafting, kayaking, fishing, and swimming); trails (biking, hiking, climbing and horseback riding); and other activities such as golfing and camping. Our close proximity to the Portland metropolitan area offers cultural events, restaurants, and shopping. For more information about Clackamas County, visit: https://www.mthoodterritory.com/
Clackamas Education Service District
13455 SE 97th Ave
Clackamas, OR 97015