Classified Ad Title:
Survey Party Chief
Galloway & Company, Inc., a full-service planning, architecture and engineering firm is adding to our growing team. Working at Galloway is an opportunity to invest your workday in something that makes communities across the country better places to live.
The Survey Party Chief is responsible for conducting field survey activities that may include: construction layout, CDOT highway, topography in rugged terrain, control network, and as-built surveying on a wide variety of projects. Experience with laser scanning, survey grade GNSS/GPS, and robotic total station is desired. Field work may be performed throughout Colorado, but will primarily be focused in and around the Colorado Springs. area. Travel expenses are paid. This position will also require close coordination with Galloway survey staff nationwide.
• Upholds Galloway’s values and standards by understanding and responding to client needs while providing quality consulting services.
• Have a basic understanding and application of the following technical skills: Boundary surveys, Topographic Surveys, Land Survey Plats, Subdivision Plats, Construction Surveying, ALTA surveys, leveling, traversing, GPS, total stations, data collectors, computers, email, legal descriptions, plan interpretation, deeds and easements.
• Lead a survey field team performing boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, topographic surveys and construction staking.
• Responsible for adjusting and operating surveying instruments and recording survey measurements and descriptive data.
• Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
• Firm understanding of the site construction process.
• Compile survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
• Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
• Proficient in required safety procedures and practices.
• Assumes limited degree of judgment on performing routine aspects of survey assignments.
• Takes an active role in new business development by performing quality survey work to build strong relationships with existing clients.
• Willingness to travel for short periods.
To apply, please email your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our career page here: https://www.workable.com/j/5CBDD49C7A
Three-plus years of survey experience required.
• Possesses a basic understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
• Possesses a basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other survey related programs.
• Experience with Trimble Hardware and Software (GPS/GNSS, TSC3, Total Stations, Access and TBC) is desired is a plus.
• Experience with laser scanning instruments is a plus.
• Possesses high degree of understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
• Experience with construction staking, CDOT projects, boundary surveys and topographic surveys.
• Ability to read plans and understand boundary and topography.
• Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work efficiently within project guidelines.
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
• Conducts oneself consistently in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced, accountable environment.
• Firm understanding of the site construction processes and procedures.
• Has a clear understanding of the use of alignments and templates.
• Experience with civil and transportation construction projects.
• Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
• Has the ability to work both independently and in a leadership capacity as part of a field team.
Galloway & Company, Inc.