|Title:||Survey Tech I|
• Able to work weekends and overtime if needed.
• Cleans and supplies survey truck on a daily basis to insure it is prepared for that days assignments.
• Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey. Must be able to operate chain saw, machete or brush axe.
• Has knowledge of the different types of surveying and knows the difference between them.
• Has knowledge on the care, cleaning and transport of survey equipment.
• Holds level rod or prism pole at designated points to assist in determining elevations and laying out stakes for mapmaking, construction, land, and other surveys.
• Knowledge of survey tools and measures distances between survey points with steel or cloth tape or surveyor's chain.
• Marks points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark on survey stakes.
• Performs occasional building and grounds maintenance.
• Places hubs and stakes, as directed, at designated points and drives them into ground at specified elevation.
• Performs other duties as directed by Survey Crew Chief.
• Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
• Minimum of a high school/GED diploma and 1+ years of experience, or passing the Level I certification of the NSPS Certified Surveyors Technician Program.
• Knowledge of survey equipment a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
• Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and write simple correspondence.
• Excellent math skills, including basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but non-involved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have the ability to operate a computer and computer software related to surveying and data collection, a data collector, total survey station and level.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|Comments:||Souder, Miller & Associates (SMA)- Voted one of the Top Work Places in New Mexico for the last six years! SMA is an employee owned company, providing a team of employees dedicated to the betterment of our clients, our communities, and most of all our employees. With more than 200 Staff, 13 offices, and over 30 years of service, SMA has provided technical expertise for a wide range of consulting services, including civil, environmental services and surveying. |
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity is the corporate and personal philosophy of the Company, its managers and owners. It is the policy of SMA to afford equal employment to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, gender identity, spousal affiliation or veteran status, and to conform to all applicable laws and regulations. The Company is fully committed to this concept and all personnel are expected to actively participate in the implementation of these policies.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform random drug screens. Driving records are also monitored monthly.
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long-term Disability Insurance
• Short-term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Wellness Program
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Professional Development
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Personal Leave
• Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Jury Duty Pay
|Employer:||Souder, Miller & Associates|
|Website:||visit our website...|