Classified Ad Title:
Survey Market Group Office Leader
This position assumes the responsibility to lead the Survey Market Group in the Bozeman office consisting of approximately 6 employees. This position often coordinates with staff in all Morrison-Maierle offices on projects of complexity, and serves on the leadership team for the Bozeman office.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing general supervision of surveyors and ensuring projects are completed in accordance with client requirements and company policies and standards.
• Monitoring quality assurance and risk management procedures.
• Communicating with and directing staff on project schedules, staffing capacity needs, new work, and client relations.
• Coordinating with other Market Group Office Leaders for survey services required on their projects and acts as the project manager for the surveying portion of in-house projects.
• Creating job work scopes and fee estimates.
• Initiating, managing and assisting in building client relationships, including maintaining, expanding and enhancing existing client relationships, forging new relationships with prospective clients and securing profitable new work.
• Tracking and maintaining assigned group utilization, net labor multiplier, and revenue efficiency factor goals as well as individual goals.
• Assisting the Operations Manager with personnel management including recruitments, salary reviews, scheduling training, conducting annual employee check-ins and mid-year follow up, and establishing annual individual staff goals.
• Overseeing the office group’s financial performance and working with the Operations Manager to meet yearly financial goals and budget.
• Mentoring less experienced staff in technical, project management, and other professional arenas.
Salary $70,000 - $90,000/year
Qualifications B.S. Degree or equivalent in Land Survey related field. Professional Land Surveyor license required.
Appropriate and relevant professional experience in delivering consulting services in the Survey’s Group markets or closely related field. Previous group management experience preferred but not required.
AutoCad experience desirable. Must be willing to work out of town on occasion.
The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit; have the ability to work innovatively and collaboratively with the team; demonstrate the ability to maintain a positive group culture, and to coalesce a variety of staff to achieve client, company, market group, and Bozeman Office goals.
Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned company with a career's worth of opportunities, benefits, and satisfactions. We hire candidates who live our Core Values and who want to deliver on our Core Purpose which is to create solutions that build better communities. We believe this is truly worthwhile, and why Morrison-Maierle has provided engineering, surveying, planning, and scientific excellence for the past 70 years.
Established in 1945, we have built our reputation on creating engineering solutions that build better communities. As a regional firm anchored in the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employees and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms.”
What's So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle?
How does unmatched control over your own life and career path sound? We strive to be the most flexible, diverse, and family friendly employer there is, which are some of the reasons why we are 100% Employee Owned. When you work for Morrison-Maierle, you'll be entitled to a career's worth of opportunities, benefits, and satisfaction. We hire candidates who live our Core Values and who want to deliver on our Core Purpose to create solutions that build better communities. We believe this is truly worthwhile, and it is why Morrison Maierle has provided engineering, surveying, planning, and scientific excellence for the past 70 years.
Our employee-owners enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes Employee Stock Ownership & 401(k) Retirement plans, Incentive Compensation, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account employer contribution, Wellness Incentives, Paid Personal and Holiday Leave, Company Paid Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance as well as voluntary, employee paid benefits such as Short Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance.