|Details:||Utility Mapping Services (UMS, www.umsi.us) is seeking a surveyor (LSI/PLS) for an immediate opening in the Denver area. The primary business focus of UMS is to provide subsurface utility engineering (SUE) for civil design and construction projects. Utility engineering is an exciting, up-and-coming branch of engineering focused on identifying, assessing, and minimizing the impacts caused by utilities on proposed design and construction projects. Integration with geophysics, data management, LiDAR, augmented reality and a variety of new technologies make this field suitable for a variety of surveying backgrounds and degrees.|
• utility mapping operations utilizing geophysical detection, GNSS, and robotic survey methods
• management of utility data and utility conflicts
• utility conflict identification with roadway and structure designs
• utility coordination and conflict resolution
• integration of new technologies
The surveyor will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of data acquisition, survey, data processing, data collation, and submittal development for SUE operations. Responsibilities may include:
• Survey data acquisition, data logging, data processing and computer aided drafting and design (CADD) operations to facilitate creation of 2D and 3D files for civil design software.
• Implementation of new technology and procedures to improve data acquisition, processing, presentation, manipulation and management, including CADD usage to facilitate data management and SUE utility coordination objectives.
• Quality assurance management and documentation.
Although primarily in the Denver area, the position may require travel to job locations throughout the west and mid-western states, and other UMS project locations as necessary throughout the United States. Proficient computer literacy is essential for this position. The candidate must be capable of working on assignments without immediate supervision; however, assistance will always available for via telephone and email correspondence with other UMS personnel.
In addition to an exciting career with competitive salary, UMS, a Montana based small business, provides health care and retirement plan benefits to all full-time employees.
|Employer:||Utility Mapping Services|