Classified Ad Title:
Surveyor or Senior Surveyor
Responsible for project surveying, mapping, and photogrammetric activities in accordance with schedules and budgets, and for assisting in construction management/administrative activities. Includes acting as liaison between contract surveyors and internal departments and supervising field surveys and computer mapping. Determines surveying, mapping, and photogrammetric requirements for capital projects.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Surveying, Geodetic Science, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
• Registered land surveyor in one of the service area states, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico or Nebraska; registration in all four states desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
• Working knowledge of computer programs used for computer aided mapping and knowledge of map quality standards used by electric utility industry.
• Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding surveying and construction requirements for electric utility projects.
• Extensive knowledge of photogrammetric mapping, equipment and procedures.
• Extensive knowledge of state plane and geodetic coordinate systems.
• In depth knowledge of design and construction requirements of utility related projects; expertise in reading and interpreting specifications and drawings.
• Working knowledge of construction/survey contract administration.
• Working knowledge of construction/survey technology, budgeting, estimating and scheduling.
• General knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to organize and supervise work, and to plan and organize several projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Eight (8) years of progressive experience combining, surveying and/or photogrammetry of transmission lines, substations, and other route related projects, and computer aided mapping.
• Willingness to travel more than 50 percent of the time on an annual basis. (Must possess a valid driver’s license.)
• Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level up to 10 lbs. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Incumbent must have finger dexterity, good vision, good color vision, good hearing, and ability to speak clearly, and handle intricate work.
• Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
• Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to dust works around large industrial operating equipment for extended periods of time. Exposed to office environment when working in the office. Exposed to varying weather and road conditions while traveling.
How to Apply
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance. Please visit our careers site at www.tristategt.org/careers/for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Tri-State G & T Assoc., Inc.