|Details:||Summary: Conducts field surveys, topographic mapping, boundary surveys, construction layout, and cadastral research. Supervises Field Tech II performance. Communicates effectively with clients in the field to ensure proper definition of project scope and specification. Works with Client Services-dispatch to facilitate job scheduling and promote efficient field time.|
Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical, skilled survey work in the field; supervises a survey crew, performs related work as required.
Perform the duties of a Field Land Surveyor responsibly, staking, collecting data, keeping good field notes, performing/overseeing end of day duties once back from the field and maintaining equipment.
• Supervises others in following all safety protocols and standard operating practices.
• Oversees the fundamental training and supervision of selected field personnel when required.
• Performs field calculations (COGO) for stakeout and coordinate data for use in GPS navigation.
• Interacts with clients in a positive and professional manner.
• Conducts and supervises differential level work.
• Conducts and supervises the field performance of land surveys for maintenance, location, and relocation of section corners per the in charge PLS.
• Uses a variety of instruments including levels, total stations, and GPS equipment.
• Uses and maintains company-owned vehicles.
• Coordinates with Client Services/Project Managers/Survey Managers to schedule equipment use for job sites.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management.
Skills & Abilities:
• Exceptional organizational & communication skills.
• Exceptional customer focus.
• Strong effective manager of others:
o Fosters teamwork.
o Mentors, coaches and develops project team members.
o Provides performance feedback.
o Effectively assigns and delegates work once in the field for the completion of daily work assignments when required.
• Strong effective strategic leader:
o Is decisive and makes solid decisions.
o Is visionary and innovative; recommends strategies with consideration for organizational resources capacity and capability, and business sustainability.
o Is authentic and engaging with others.
o Models company core values always.
• Strong track record of being relentlessly accountable.
• Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
• Is a kickass teammate.
• Strong record of consistently delivering results.
• Understanding, monitoring, and reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Adapts to the changing work environment and managing competing demands.
• Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Regular and predictable attendance required.
• Advanced knowledge of survey field techniques and survey language.
• Intermediate knowledge of State and Federal laws, and agency rules and regulations
• Advanced knowledge of the use of sophisticated GPS equipment, total stations, and other electronic surveying equipment.
• Advanced knowledge of plumb range rods and level rods; the use of conventional surveying equipment such as rods, chains, tripods, levels, and tribrachs.
• Working knowledge of database and system administration techniques used to move data and files between applications and repositories and performing database queries.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work activities. Familiarity with map projections and state plane coordinate systems is required.
• This position requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field including the ability to read reports, spread sheets, manuals, blue prints, plans, drawings and correspondence. Also, required is the ability to perform general math calculations.
• The ability to convey plan details to junior surveyors is a necessary part of this job.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Interacts with the assigned PLS to ensure project completion.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Have knowledge of ethics and technical standards and organizations such as ALTA, NGS, NSPS/ACSM and BLM. Show responsibility in the profession (i.e. attire, honesty, respect for personal property)
• This position requires/may require use of a company-owned vehicle(s); must possess a valid driver's license and have no more than two minor violations (i.e. speeding 5-10 over, defective vehicle) within the preceding 36 months, nor a major violation (i.e. DUI) within the previous 60 months.
• High school diploma or its equivalent with three (3) to five (5) years' progressive surveying experience.
• Equivalent to an Associate's Degree in Surveying or related completed degree beyond an Associate's Degree may be considered in meeting up to one (1) of the required work experience.
Please contact Jennifer Wolff with a resume, if interested, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 720-458-4372