|Details:||The Larimer County Engineering department offers engaging opportunities for professional development in the ever-evolving field of Civil Engineering and Land Surveying. Larimer County is increasingly aware of the need to attract and retain the best people for their workforce and we are seeking an innovative, flexible and skilled Senior Surveyor to join our team.|
This position serves as the registered land surveyor for the Engineering Department and carries out both field surveys and develops survey work products for use in engineering design, right-of-way and easement acquisitions and reviews plats and other exhibits prepared in conjunction with land development proposals. Work activities will focus primarily on the County’s road and bridge system and this position works closely with the capital projects engineers in the department.
The County is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and improvement of approximately 1,000 miles of roads, 200 major structures and 480 minor structures located in the unincorporated portions of the county.
|Qualifications:||The ideal candidate:|
• Is familiar with performing a variety of surveys including land surveys to determine location of property lines, boundaries, easements, and right-of-way; topographic surveys to determine locations and elevations of existing improvements, structures and topographic features; construction surveys for improvement projects; surveys to establish and adjust benchmarks; and surveys to establish road centerlines.
• Will be heavily involved in other areas of the engineering department.
• Is responsible for performing subdivision plat reviews and exemption reviews for land survey compliance with Larimer County rules and State of Colorado statutes.
• Will be able to perform not only office duties but extensive field survey work in varying weather and terrain conditions.
In addition to work related to the county road and bridge system we have the opportunity to collaborate with and provide surveying support for projects with many other county departments. These projects range from designing and managing the construction of phased closures at the county operated landfill to designing and overseeing the construction of trails and trailheads for our Natural Resources Department.
We provide surveying professionals the opportunity to experience a diverse cross section of work at project locations ranging from the mountains to the plains and strive to create an atmosphere of innovation and collaboration.
• Six (6) years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities required.
• Equivalent to an associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Land Survey, Engineering, or a related field required.
• Possession of a valid license as a Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Colorado required.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Driver's License required.
|Comments:|| An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.|
All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Please apply to our website https://careers-larimer.icims.com/jobs/3198/senior-surveyor/job
|Website:||visit our website...|