|Title:||Surveyor – ESP-04|
|Details:||Candidates MUST submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications must include all of your relevant work experience as it is a legal document. Please do not use “see resume”. Cover Letters and resumes must be attached to the application as one (1) document.|
Hiring Salary Range:
$5550.13/monthly (min.) $6,825.00/monthly (mid.)
$66,601.60/annual (min.) up to $81,900.00/annual (mid.)
Full Time, Exempt position, Regular position, Day Shift
Location of position: Administration Building, Main Campus, 1600 W. 12th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
Opening Date: August 22, 2018
Closing Date: October 3, 2018
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
Denver Water’s Engineering Division/Survey Section is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist us as a Surveyor.
Surveyor is responsible for supervising personnel associated with the dispatch of projects. Manage the project scope of work and expectations of clients. Ensure that all safety procedures are followed. Serve as the primary project technical expert and assist with technical problem solutions. This position will also have CAD Management duties. Coordinate and maintain liaison with other sections, disciplines, and utilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• This position has formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
• Supervise survey personnel in obtaining and adjusting horizontal/vertical measurements taken in the field used for designing and locating pipelines, canals, tunnels, dams, reservoirs, and buildings.
• Prepare hydrographic/topographic maps showing contours and all other physical features. Manage aerial mapping requests.
• Supervise the establishment and retracing of property boundaries, land lines, property and section corners taken from an analysis and interpretation of legal descriptions, plats, and notes.
• Research, organize, analyze, and interpret legal descriptions, plans, and notes associated with assigned work.
• Prepare detailed real estate, right-of-way and license maps, and legal descriptions which are made a permanent part of legal documents.
• Design and review control networks, reports, plans, and estimates.
• Supervise and support survey personnel performing full range office and field assignments and review technical ability of subordinates.
• Train or recommend training to technicians in survey techniques, mathematical calculations, and computer analysis or survey data.
• Review and interpret data during conduct of work and make recommendations.
• Coordinate and maintain liaison with other sections, divisions, and utilities on surveying matters.
• Ensure the maintenance of safety standards in all areas of operation.
• Perform related work as required.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Surveying and Mapping or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience balanced between office and field and 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration and Certifications:
• Registration as a Professional Land Surveyor in the state of Colorado.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record on the date of appointment.
• May require HIPAA Training.
About Denver Water:
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on Denver Water property at the main campus.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Please be sure that all information on application is correct and complete the application fully, do not say “see resume”. If application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
An offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. For a position of this type, Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol.
All positions require a Worker’s Compensation Background check.
A strength test will also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment or business decisions. It also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace or in its dealings with the public. The organization encourages and welcomes diversity of backgrounds in its workforce. Denver Water complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412