|Details:||Title: Survey Technician|
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Survey Services
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is actively seeking both office, and field Survey Technicians to join our team in our Denver or Colorado Springs office.
Responsible for collecting field data and taking land measurements to create survey maps.
Responsible for assisting the survey team in the processing and verification of survey data, preparation of survey drawings, as-builts and construction stakeout deliverables, as well as creating subdivision plats, Record of Survey, Land Survey Plats and Alta Surveys. Discipline is the applied science used to determine and map geographical and geological features.
• Apply field techniques related to boundary retracement, design support and construction surveying support.
• Responsible for creating property boundaries for roads, pipeline, facility sites, and other right of ways and easements by visiting marking location boundaries.
• Collects information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
• Compiles survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
• Compiles information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
• Solid understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office
• Ability to take direction and work independently
• Ability to read plans and understand boundary topography
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and self-motivator
• Working knowledge of land surveying and equipment use
• Knowledge of ALTA surveys, boundary analysis, topographic surveys, preparation of easement documents, legal descriptions, final plat preparation, and construction staking
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of five (5) years of surveying experience
• Professional Land Surveyor Licensure preferred
• Experience with Trimble field equipment preferred
• Experience using Autocad Civil 3D to prepare boundary maps, topographic maps and construction support
• Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening
• Ability to travel as the business necessitates
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The candidate applying for this position should be physically capable of performing all activities and functions normally associated with field surveying. This includes but is not limited to carrying survey equipment, using shovels/picks for survey monument excavation, using hammers/mauls to set control stakes or monument corners, using brushing tools to clear lines of sight and being prepared to work in the normal summer and winter environments of the Colorado front Range.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply go to http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers
|Employer:||Matrix Design Group|
|Website:||visit our website...|