|Title:||Survey Technician – 2 Temporary Positions|
|Details:||Denver Water’s Engineering Division/Surveying Section is currently seeking two (2) qualified candidates to assist us as Survey Technicians. The candidates will be working under direct supervision, performing technical survey work in the field or office. They’ll assist with setting up survey measuring equipment including: levels, GPS, total stations, and electronic data collectors. Additionally, they’ll perform record research, COGO work, grid transformations, datum conversions, and file manipulation.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the process of taking of measurements and the establishment of lines, grades, boundaries, and horizontal/vertical control points. Take cross sections before and after excavation and locate underground interference for design engineers.
• Set up and operate GPS receivers, theodolites, total stations, and levels in performing topographic, property and other surveys. Check boundary lines, grades, and bench marks according to blueprints, deeds, and other records.
• Draft detailed real estate, right-of-way and license maps using AUTOCAD. Prepare legal descriptions, process, and adjust GPS and total station data.
• Search county records to obtain subdivision plats, vacation and dedications of streets, and ownership of property.
• Perform land survey research of utility maps, survey plats, subdivision plats, parcel maps, and monument records.
• Assist in maintaining safety standards particularly in areas of traffic control.
• Ability to work out of town for extended periods of time.
• Prepare charts, graphs, and other exhibits.
• Perform related work as required.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
• Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration and Certifications:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Class “R” Colorado driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record on the date of appointment.
• May require HIPAA Training.
• Surveying terminology, principles, methods and equipment
• Trigonometry and map reading
• Organization and time management
• Computers and applicable software
• Operating GPS equipment
|Comments:||Hiring Salary Range: $20.48/hourly (min.) up to $26.01 (midpoint)|
Salary Range: $20.48/hr. (min), $26.01/hr (mid), $31.54 /hr (max)
Full Time, 40 hours per week, Temporary position, Day shift
Location of position: Main Campus, Administration Bldg.
Opening Date: March 13, 2018
Closing Date: April 27, 2018
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications must include all of your relevant work experience as it is a legal document. Please do not use “see resume”. Cover Letters and resumes must be attached to the application as one (1) document.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
About Denver Water
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on Denver Water property at the main campus.
Denver Water offers temporary employees, holiday pay after working 20 working days. Safety shoes and other personal protection equipment will be provided. No other benefits will be provided.
An offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. For a position of this type, Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol.
All positions require a Worker’s Compensation Background check. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Please be sure that all information on application is correct and complete the application fully, do not say “see resume”. If application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
A strength test will also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment or business decisions. It also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace or in its dealings with the public. The organization encourages and welcomes diversity of backgrounds in its workforce. Denver Water complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
|Website:||visit our website...|