|Title:||Water Resource Recovery Facility Trainee/Operator|
Under direct supervision of the Facility Manager, Assistant Facility Manager, or his designee, performs any combination of tasks related to the monitoring and operation of the Water Resource Recovery Facility in accordance with established plant practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates pumps, valves, motors, blowers, boilers, mixers, generating equipment, belt filter press, dewatering centrifuge, and other equipment used to control the flow of sewage and sludge manually and/or remotely with the aid of a computer.
• Inspects operating equipment to detect malfunctions and makes a variety of adjustments or minor repairs to correct deficiencies and restore normal operations.
• Collects samples of sewage and sludge for analysis by laboratory personnel; performs simple analysis.
• Maintains daily log and records pressures, temperatures, flow rates and other data.
• Assists maintenance staff in major and minor repair work, as required.
• Performs general maintenance and cleanup of plant equipment, buildings and structures; miscellaneous laboring, painting, & custodial tasks; landscaping, lawn mowing and snow removal when doing so does not interfere with primary job responsibilities.
• Operates tractor, backhoe, forklift, dump truck, snow plow, lawn mowers, front loader, and other plant related equipment where required.
• May transport dewatered sludge to sludge storage pads.
• Successfully completes on-the-job training and successfully implements acquired skills.
• Participates alone or as a member of a team in the training of new operators; individually and as a member of a team, share experience and expertise in wastewater treatment operation, with current and new operators, in all areas of an operator’s duties and responsibilities.
• High school graduate or equivalent; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages;
• Twelve (12) months experience in a wastewater related field preferred or twenty-four (24) months experience in technical operations (design and inspection) and corrective maintenance of mechanical equipment (i.e. pumps, motors, blowers, boilers, etc.);
• Ability to lift weights up to a maximum of 55 pounds, with or without accommodations; ability to climb stairs; ability to tolerate height of up to 50 feet;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with driving privileges in the State of Ohio;
• Ohio EPA Class I Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate or obtain within three (3) years of assuming position or will no longer be considered qualified to hold this position.
• An extension to this requirement may be granted upon written request which includes appropriate documentation of progress. An employee who holds an Ohio EPA Class I (or higher) Wastewater Treatment Operator upon assuming the position shall be placed immediately into the Water Resource Recovery Facility Operator position, or the employee shall advance to the Water Resource Recovery Facility position following the receipt of the Ohio EPA Class I Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
• Aptitude in science and math.
• Mechanical and electrical skills.
• Ability to operate basic hand tools (i.e. wrenches, hammers, shovels, rakes, screwdrivers, etc.) and power tools (i.e. drills, grinders, saws, impact wrenches, etc.).
• Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team, to perform technical wastewater tasks.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• May be exposed to inclement weather.
• May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
• Some overtime.
|Comments:||HOURS: Any one of the following:|
(1) Mon-Fri or Sat-Wed, 7 am-3 pm
(2) Mon-Fri or Sat-Wed, 3 pm-11 pm
(3) Mon-Fri or Sat-Wed, 11 pm-7 am
(4) Or any combination of the above hours to equal to 40 hrs/wk
PAY GRADE: Grade 22/Grade 23
|Contact:||Water Resource Recovery Facility|
5758 North River Road
|Website:||visit our website...|