|Title:||Director of Construction - Hollywood, FL|
|Details:||Director of Construction|
Reports to: CEO
The Director of Construction provides leadership and overall direction to the construction division and to our customers. The Director of Construction is a member of the Senior Management Team, and is responsible for all aspects of the day to day leadership and operational management within the Construction Services Division. This position requires a driven, confident, energetic leader who has the experience to mentor and grow high performing construction teams.
• Develop and Implement Construction Operating Plan.
• Lead, direct, and coordinate the daily operations activities of the construction department.
• Provides oversight and pre-development input to the purchasing / estimating team.
• Plans and coordinates all final construction documents, schedules, and collaborates with estimating and purchasing.
• Responsible for all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish.
• Provide leadership and oversight, internal and external, regarding the successful execution of the project work flow and task management with the collective team.
• Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
• Regularly updates the project schedules.
• Responsible for ongoing resource development.
• Analyzes job costs and manages the project to the closing budget.
• Mediate situations of conflict and find mutual resolution with all respective parties, both internally and externally.
• Perform Performance Evaluations for construction associates.
• Ensures associates and subcontractors remain in compliance with company safety standards.
• Executes successful completion and close-out and the acceptance of each project.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or construction related field.
• 4-6 years experience in construction management or in a similar position
• Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of Construction Systems, the ability to analyze construction documents, and the ability to read blueprints.
• Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects thorough to completion.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain effective working relationships with contacted agencies, co-workers and management team.
• Minimum 7-10 years of progressively responsible managerial and administrative experience in construction management and project management.
• Strategic Thinking: Ability to see the big picture and work internally and externally to make decisions and deliver and exceptional product.
• Decision Making: Ability to think quickly and intelligently in difficult circumstances.
• Organized: Must be highly organized with a strong ability to prioritize re-prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
• Responsible: Take responsibility for their actions and work load and hold other team members accountable.
• Work Ethic: Carry a greater work load at times than you demand from your team members to lighten their load.
• Team Player: Build bridges with internal and external partners.
• Proficiency with personal computers / technology including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Sage 300 a plus
4651 Sheridan Street, Suite 480
Hollywood, FL 33021
|Website:||visit our website...|