|Details:||About Our Job|
The Survey Section of the Right of Way Services division provides land survey expertise to the Department of Public Works and other city agencies and proactively reviews both private and city development projections.
The Staff Land Surveyor position is similar in nature to the Party Chief in the private sector. In the role of the Staff Land Surveyor, you will be responsible for leading other survey personnel in support of the Wastewater Management's Division's construction and design surveying program.
The Staff Land Surveyor:
* Leads survey personnel in obtaining and adjusting of horizontal and vertical measurements taken in the field; used for designing infrastructure, preparation of topographical maps, and in the establishment of survey control points and positions
* Leads staff in the establishment and retracing of property boundaries and lines taken from an analysis and interpretation of legal descriptions, plat, and notes under the direction of the land surveyor in responsible charge
* Lead capacity for 2 or 3 man survey crew. Lead design surveys & construction surveys for Wastewater projects
* Makes recommendations to the land surveyor in responsible charge for project compliance, approval, or denial
* Assists with preparing and checking legal descriptions for properties, plans, ordinances, easements, and agreements
* Assists with electronic and manual review of maps, plats, development projects, legal descriptions, and related documents
* Establishes line and grade control staking for various field projects, calculates survey closures and earth quantities, and maintains detailed field and office notes for design and construction purposes
* Researches recorded data from such sources as property descriptions, plats, utility maps, and land corner records including Internet resources
This posting will close when we have a sufficient number of candidates. Please apply ASAP.
|Qualifications:||Our ideal candidate is:|
4 years experience as a field crew party chief
Enrolled as a Land Surveyor Intern (LSI)
Licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in surveying, engineering, science or a related field.
Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement on a one year for one year basis.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Enrollment as a Land Surveyor Intern (LSI) issued by the Colorado State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and professional Land Surveyors at the time of application. Enrollment as a Land Surveyor Intern (LSI) by another state will be accepted in lieu of this requirement providing the applicant is enrolled by the State of Colorado by the completion of the probationary period.
Possession of a valid driver's license at the time of application.
|Comments:||Classification Title: The working title and job classification title for this position is Staff Land Surveyor|
Hiring Range: $55,051.00-$63,770.00 annually
Assessments/Testing: This position does not require testing.
Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here.
Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six-month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here.
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
|Employer:||City and County of Denver|
|Website:||visit our website...|