|Title:||Survey Crew Chief|
The Survey Crew Chief will support the project team by leading field aspects of a project, assisting Project Manager in creating and monitoring project budget, maintaining project schedule, training and mentoring crew members as well as other team members, communicating with management, and assembling and managing project teams and progress, all under minimal supervision. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency within the following responsibilities and competencies.
• Work with Project Manager / Team Leader to establish project plan and objectives including: timeframes, budgets, staffing, and project schedule.
• Direct field Crew Members by assigning responsibilities and overseeing all work performed.
• Understand project scope and convey requirements to Crew Members.
• Maintain safe work environment by complying with Atwell and/or site-specific Health and Safety Plans by: using proper personal protection equipment, obtaining and maintaining First Aid and CPR certification, participating in the Atwell medical monitoring program, and maintaining OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
• Perform survey activities such as: leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, construction layout, as-built surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross section surveys.
• Perform physical tasks such as: line clearing, pounding stakes, setting monuments, and locating critical underground objects.
• Record field notes legibly and accurately while following Atwell established Standard Operating Guidelines (SOP).
• Communicate effectively with crew members and other survey staff using surveying terminology.
• Ensure survey crew performance and provide leadership to field crews including: train, supervise, coach, and mentor crew members and less-experienced crew chiefs, assist Team Leader with crew member performance reviews and foster teamwork within the field crews
• Assist in project control by adhering to set project parameters.
• Recommend changes in design, specifications, budget, and schedule, consistent with project objectives.
• Communicate with client, regulatory agencies, and general public as needed. This communication should be directly controlled by the project manager.
• Share project information and other field observations deemed pertinent to project.
• Meet client needs and achieve project profitability by maintaining project budget and schedule and report results to management and/or team.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge including reviewing professional and market segment publications and participate in applicable professional societies and trade associations as authorized by Team Leader.
Skills & Knowledge / Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field preferred
• 5 years of experience required.
• Demonstrate high level of proficiency at the Survey Crew Member level.
• License or certification (PS, CST) desired.
• Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements.
• Highly proficient in care, cleaning, and use of a variety of surveying tools and equipment.
• Highly proficient in the principles of performing basic surveys (i.e., leveling, traversing, etc.).
• Highly proficient in basic plan reading (i.e., topographic surveys, boundary surveys, etc.).
• Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards.
• Highly proficient in construction procedures.
• Highly proficient in required safety procedures and practices.
• Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
• Workload management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Personality & Cultural Fit:
• Independent Yet Collaborative
• Creative Problem Solver
• Natural Communicator
• Results Oriented
• Client Focused
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org