Denver Water invites you to pursue a career as a Survey Technician with the best water utility organization in the nation. We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees and promoting from within. Our survey department encompasses a broad range of surveying disciplines including but not limited to boundary, construction, hydrographic and 3D laser scanning. Our work takes us all over Colorado’s Front Range and beautiful Rocky Mountains. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career then we are excited about you joining our team.
Hiring Salary Range: $20.03 to $25.04/hourly (Midpoint of the salary range)
Full Time, 40 hours per week, Regular position, Day Shift
Location of position: Main Campus, Administration Building
Opening Date: September 20, 2017
Closing Date: October 11, 2017 *Please read below
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. *Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers. Resumes may be attached to the application.
Denver Water’s Engineering Division/Survey Section is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist us as a Survey Technician working under direct supervision, performs technical survey work in the field or office. Assists with setting up GPS, Total Station, levels, and taking measurements. Assist field crew in data collection, construction stake out, and other survey related activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize the process of taking of measurements and the establishment of lines, grades, boundaries, and horizontal/vertical control points. Take cross sections before and after excavation and locate underground interference for design engineers.
• Set up and operate GPS receivers, total stations, and levels in performing topographic, property and other surveys. Check boundary lines, grades, and bench marks according to blueprints, deeds, and other records.
• Draft maps using AUTOCAD. Process & adjust field collected data.
• Search county records to obtain subdivision plats, vacation and dedications of streets, and ownership of property.
• Perform land survey research of utility maps, survey plats, subdivision plats, parcel maps, and monument records.
• Prepare charts, graphs, and other exhibits.
• Perform general office and clerical duties.
• Assist in maintaining safety standards particularly in areas of traffic control.
• Perform related work as required.
• May be required to work out of town for extended periods of time.
• Education and Experience High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
• Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
Licenses, Registration and Certifications:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Class “R” Colorado driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record on the date of appointment.
About Denver Water:
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on Denver Water property at the main campus.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
An offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. For a position of this type, Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol.
All positions require a Worker’s Compensation Background check.
A strength test will also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment or business decisions. It also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace or in its dealings with the public. The organization encourages and welcomes diversity of backgrounds in its workforce. Denver Water complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412
|Website:||visit our website...|