|Details:||Manages and/or assists in the planning, design, and construction of stormwater capital improvement projects to meet the organization’s needs on time and within budget while improving effectiveness. The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects under the Stormwater Construction Plan, and is functionally responsible for the people related to each project from within the department and cross functions throughout the District. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.|
- Develops and manages the scope of each assigned project. Critically examines, assesses, and evaluates data, current procedures, processes, and alternatives to improve environmental impact and costs. Makes recommendations for courses of action that further District goals to include scope, required resources, and outcomes.
- Manages and/or assists in the planning, design, and construction of stormwater construction projects by coordinating resources and cross functional teams, including outside consultants to meet objectives. Ensures work is carried out per project plan on time and within the specified budget. Plans short-term objectives, budgets, and schedules for each project.
- Manages procurement and administration of outside professional consultants, including developing consultant short lists and Request For Proposals (RFPs). Reviews consultant proposals and recommends award of consultant contracts.
- Analyzes data and processes to maintain the time line and integrity/quality assurance of current projects. Utilizes problem analysis and problem-solving skills, evaluating all feasible alternatives. Recommends best solutions and courses of action to meet current project objectives and to identify potential new projects.
- Identifies problems, researches possible solutions, analyzes, and critically examines the data researched, evaluates all possible alternatives, and recommends one or more solutions. Presents solutions for discussion to obtain agreement on a preferred solution.
- Builds and maintains strong public relations by encouraging support and participation in District
related activities that align with community environmental goals.
- Prepares agendas and conducts meetings within the project groups and status meetings.
-May act as a mentor to Engineers and Technicians.
-Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
|Qualifications:||- Candidate must possess Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field.|
- Four (4) years of project management and stormwater experience is required. Industry experience in stormwater is required. Experience must include the use of project management tools, managing more than one small- to medium-project at a time, and proven success in completing projects on time and on budget with documented results. Experience within a comparable organization or a consulting firm is a plus.
- Experience must include one (1) year of supervising, managing, and/or leading people, projects, and/or processes with proven successful results.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record in accordance with the District’s acceptable guidelines.
- Current State of Ohio Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is preferred
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess knowledge in Engineering principles, practices, concepts, methodology, planning, design techniques, and project planning tools/software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint is preferred, as well as familiarity with project tools, such as MS Project or Primavera.
- Candidate must possess strong project management, leadership, and motivation skills; team building, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills; strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail; written, verbal, and presentation skills. Must be able to make recommendations and gain input and agreement within the organization; and effectively manage multiple tasks and assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Candidate must possess the ability to be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- MENTAL: Candidate must frequently compare, compute, compile, analyze, synthesize, and communicate information; must instruct, communicate, and negotiate with others while exhibiting strong interpersonal skills.
- PHYSICAL: Candidate must possess the mobility to operate computers and office equipment, which may require repetitive arm and hand movements. The employee frequently sits and occasionally stands and walks.
- VISUAL: Candidate must possess near acuity (i.e., clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) to read printed material or material on a computer screen.
- NOISE: Candidate will typically work in a quiet environment, but at times may be exposed to loud noise.
- ENVIRONMENT: Candidate may be exposed to extreme weather, atmospheric conditions, wet and/or humid environments, and hazards up to 30% of a typical work day. Candidate must wear eye and ear protection and breathing apparatuses in the plant and/or field.
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Candidate must possess the ability to wear required respiratory protection devices in accordance with the Sewer District Policy, including not having facial hair that interferes with the face piece-to-face seal.
|Comments:||DISCLAIMER: The information outlined in this job description indicates the general nature and type of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities or competencies required of employees within this classification.|
NEORSD, an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognizing the full range of human differences and similarities. Through our unwavering efforts to leverage the potential of our diversity, we continually strive to build and foster an environment that respects each individual. We encourage and promote innovation, and provide opportunities for all employees to interact, communicate, and realize the full potential of their talents.
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including: Health Insurance Coverage, Various Retirement Planning Options (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans), Group and Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance Program, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts, and More! We also have a very active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a life/work balance.
Minimum Salary: $67,241
Maximum Salary: $84, 051
|Employer:||Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District|
|Contact:||Talia Seals |
|Website:||visit our website...|