|Details:||Description of the Position:|
• The assistant surveyor will assist with the performance of ﬁeld work on construction sites and general surveying projects
• The assistant surveyor works under immediate supervision relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Assistant surveyors may have varied responsibilities based upon tasks performed in the ofﬁce and in the ﬁeld.
Duties and Responsibilities/Speciﬁc Tasks (Field):
• Assists associate and senior surveyors, engineers, and project managers with general surveying projects.
• Serves as a survey crew member.
• Receives initial instruction or advice from a supervisor or project manager. Work is subject to supervisor approval.
• Maintains and operates all instruments needed to complete surveying assignments.
• Accurately performs vertical and horizontal control surveys and required calculations under the direction of a registered land surveyor.
• Provides daily ﬁeld and/or laboratory report preparation and ﬁle management for multiple projects.
• Traverses and works in all types of terrain, all kinds of weather conditions, and at project sites in various stages of construction.
• Understands, identiﬁes and avoids potential safety hazards for workers and the public in and around project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities/Speciﬁc Tasks (Ofﬁce):
• Assists with reducing survey data, downloading, copying, and ﬁling data.
• Assists with project research and boundary calculations, and records survey data on construction and civil engineering projects.
• Performs data processing and analysis under direct supervision of a supervisor. Completes plats and maps with limited directions.
• Performs computer-aided design and drafting work.
To apply, please send resume to Madilynn.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-446-8333
|Qualifications:||Education and Certiﬁcation Requirements:|
• Associate Degree or a minimum of two years of experience working with a licensed surveyor preferred.
• Some experience in the construction industry is helpful.
• Valid Driver’s License