Location: Auburn, Washington
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the Company, including timely financial reports for external and internal stakeholders, maintenance of a generally acceptable and compliant system of accounting records, and appropriate internal controls and budgets to mitigate risk, ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller supervises the accounting staff engaged in general or specialized accounting functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit and collection, cost accounting, reconciliations, closings and the like. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance / Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership and direction to and oversee operations of the accounting department including design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the employment, supervision, training, motivation and performance evaluations of direct reports in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws.
• Maintain a documented system of generally acceptable accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for development, monitoring and enforcement of control procedures to ensure the proper safeguarding of Company assets.
• Oversee the efficient, timely and accurate execution of accounting transactions and processes, including but not limited to, payment of accounts payable, recording and collection of accounts receivable, banking and bank reconciliations, general ledger postings, journal entries, accruals and closings.
• Review general ledger accounts monthly, reconciling as necessary, and correcting any discrepancies.
• Organize and maintain the chart of accounts to segregate revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities to facilitate efficient and effective reporting to department managers, executive management, shareholders, taxing authorities and external auditors.
• Prepare timely, accurate and complete financial statements in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
• Monitor financial results including financial and operational metrics, and prepare specialized reports as needed, highlighting areas of concern and/or focus for the CFO and the other members of the Executive Management Team.
• Collaborate with managers to develop annual operating budgets and interface as required to assist with monitoring periodic results.
• Responsible to ensure compliance with accounting-related aspects of customer and/or vendor contracts entered into by the Company.
• Provide support as required to assist tax accountant with preparation of tax filings and external audits.
• Contribute to continuously improving processes and procedures that accurately capture, track and report financial transactions.
• Support, communicate and reinforce the mission, values and culture of the organization.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS: |
• Strong financial reporting and technical accounting skills, as well as strategic management and economics of business operations knowledge.
• Proven leadership skills over the day-to-day activities of a department. Ability to plan, organize and set clear expectations for team and monitor progress by mentoring when required to achieve goals.
• Excellent planning and organization skills in order to balance and prioritize workload and keep multiple priorities/deliverables on track to meet goals, commitments and deadlines.
• Ability to function successfully with limited supervision and competing priorities.
• Flexibility to adapt to internally developed ERP application and to contribute to on-going enhancements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inform.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Advanced level of MS Office skills (with emphasis on Excel).
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers with varying skills and backgrounds while maintaining a teamwork environment. Ability to collaborate in a tactful, professional and respectful manner.
• Strong organizational development skills including ability to identify opportunities for improvement and implement change. Foster new ideas, input and creative solutions when faced with challenges.
• Ambitious self-starter that views position as a step on a progressive career path.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ of progressively responsible experience in public accounting assurance services and/or private industry corporate accounting department.
• Closely-held mid-size and/or large business experience preferred.
• Office setting where employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
• Flexibility to work long hours and occasional weekends when needed.
1610 20th St NW
|Website:||visit our website...|