|Title:||Geodesist (Gravity Scientist)- Federal Employee Applicants|
|Details:||To apply copy the following link into your web browser:|
About the Agency
This position is located in the National Ocean Service (NOS), National Geodetic Survey (NGS), Observation and Analysis Division (OAD) in Boulder, CO.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZP-04 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full performance level for this position is ZP-04.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-NGS-2017-0008, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary/trail period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Geodesist (Gravity Scientist), ZP-1372-04 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
Collect and process terrestrial and airborne gravity data.
Research and development in house gravity software.
Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders and at scientific meetings.
Maintenance of gravity equipment and gravity observing facility and outreach related to these activities.
Education, outreach, and communication related to GRAV-D and relevant topics, by training others to use the gravity data processing software.
25% or Greater
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
* Current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service;
* Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Applicants eligible under special hiring authorities; and
* Veterans who are preference eligible, or separated from the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service, may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
|Website:||visit our website...|