|Details:||The Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) / Pretreatment Information Management System (PIMS) Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies and processes, enabling staff to achieve departmental objectives effectively and efficiently. This individual manages/maintains data, develops instrument interfaces, and develops reports. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.|
- Oversees site on-time implementation of LIMS/PIMS by supporting requirements definition, functional design, master data configuration, data migration, system validation, SOP development/revision, and end-user training. Ensures the system is operating accurately after updates and changes.
- Oversees and directs operation of the LIMS/PIMS systems and all computer applications that interface and interact with the LIMS/PIMS systems.
- Coordinates and acts as a liaison with the Information Technology (IT) department and vendor on all system related development, maintenance, upgrade, troubleshooting, etc. Works closely with IT on computer upgrades for all instrument PCs that utilize instrument interfaces or require special configuration and hardware support.
- Develops, modifies, and maintains forms and instrument interfaces for data entry into the LIMS/PIMS. - Creates specific reports per departmental specifications and guidelines. Coordinates the development of the 4500 report to reflect NPDES permit requirements. Troubleshoot reports when problems are experienced
- Creates programs to effectively query data from the LIMS/PIMS to assist with efficient operations and data generation for various reports (e.g., quality control, priority samples, backlogs, turn-around time, summary reports). Develops and manages LIMS/PIMS improvement projects. Oversees system upgrades and the development of test scripts for upgrade validation. Provides final sign-off for upgrade implementation.
- Researches, validates, and supports new and existing LIMS/PIMS peripheral hardware such as barcode scanners, label printers, handheld devices, and electronic notebooks.
- Develops relationships with vendors to identify and leverage training opportunities.
- Creates and updates training materials as changes to system occur. Manages associated system training records. Conducts trainings for new end users. Ensures that the LIMS/PIMS complies with all relevant regulatory standards.
- Plays a key role in system governance by leading a LIMS/PIMS governance committee.
- Provides ad hoc support to other departments to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Supports audits and inspections to provide data and information on request.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
|Qualifications:||- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Internet Technology or related field of study preferred.|
- Candidate must possess five (5) years of experience managing relational databases. Proven database management and administration experience is necessary. Work experience in a laboratory environment is preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid state of Ohio driver’s license with a driving record in accordance with the District’s acceptable guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess advanced knowledge of computers and relational databases.
- Candidate must possess advanced skills in computers, people, communication, report development, system set-up, testing and programming experience.
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving abilities.
- Candidate must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with others and work independently.
During the course of performing the job duties the employee will need the mobility to operate computer and office equipment, which may include tools requiring repetitive arm/hand movement. The employee frequently sits and sometimes stands. Candidates must have the ability to lift PCs and computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. The position requires that the employee be able to demonstrate adequate hearing and speech in order to communicate with others and be able to read printed material or on a computer screen. The employee may occasionally be exposed to hazards when working in the laboratory (e.g., wastewater samples, chemicals, reagents).
DISCLAIMER: The information outlined in this job description indicates the general nature and type of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities or competencies required of employees within this classification.
NEORSD, an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognizing the full range of human differences and similarities. Through our unwavering efforts to leverage the potential of our diversity, we continually strive to build and foster an environment that respects each individual. We encourage and promote innovation, and provide opportunities for all employees to interact, communicate, and realize the full potential of their talents.
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including: Health Insurance Coverage, Various Retirement Planning Options (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans), Group and Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance Program, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts, and More! We also have a very active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a life/work balance.
|Employer:||Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District|
3900 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115
Phone: 216-881-6600 x6044
|Website:||visit our website...|