|Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Details:||Seattle Opera is accepting applications for the position of Chief Financial Officer. This full-time, exempt position reports to the General Director. |
This highly visible and key leadership position reports to the General Director and spans a broad range and scope of responsibilities that support the successful operation of the company’s strategic plan. Using industry best practices, the CFO is responsible for guiding and directing all financial and control activities of the company in such a way as to safeguard company assets. The successful CFO will possess superb financial and business management acumen and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with all levels inside and outside of the company. The CFO is charged with evaluating financial data in order to effectively provide meaningful and timely managerial and strategic advice to the General Director, Board and internal staff. As a strategic partner with the General Director, the CFO plans, approves and implements company programs, approaches and policies while ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local requirements. In addition to working closely with the company’s General Director and Board of Trustees, the CFO collaborates with senior leadership team peers to include all other department directors. As the head of the Finance Department, the CFO oversees all financial, accounting, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, information technology, facilities, and risk management functions and staff for the company.
• Provides clear communication and transparency in financial goals, strategies.
• Sets clear deadlines for decision making.
• Sets implementation dates for operational changes.
• Ensures accountability for reaching financial goals.
• Reinforces and guides decisions to alight with strategic plan elements of Excellence, Sustainability and Community.
• Development and implementation of sound financial strategies;
• Direction and oversight of all finance activities to include financial, accounting, accounts payable, audit and payroll functions;
• Direction and oversight of Information Technology resources and functions;
• Direction and oversight of Facilities functions;
• Oversight and administration of company’s risk management programs, activities and policies;
• Preparation and presentation of financial analyses and reports;
• Primary board liaison to the Finance and Audit Committees and advisor to the General Director on a key financial aspects of the company’s business decisions;
• Oversight and administration of various tax, audit and other legal, regulatory or compliance activities.
• Works to improve organizational efficiency fostering a lean operations mindset, while eliminating duplication of work and ensuring work is directed at the right organizational level.
|Qualifications:||MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: |
Bachelor’s degree. CPA or MBA preferred.
10 + years directly related work experience including broad oversight of financial, administrative and other operations management. Prior CFO experience preferred.
Exposure to private, public and non-profit financial operations desired.
Significant experience in or knowledge of complex and diverse nonprofit, for profit and tax accounting, including fund and grant accounting desired.
Demonstrated leadership experience managing complex processes including capital projects.
Superb ability to collaborate with and coordinate or integrate activities of managers and staff.
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills – including demonstrated ability to present information clearly and persuasively.
Demonstrated ability and comfort with the full range of MS Office suite products, especially Excel.
Extraordinary management acumen including comfort with complexity, ambiguity, and the ability to adapt/adjust to change.
Excellent record of use of sound judgment, high ethical standards and absolute professional integrity.
Exposure to, and, interest in the arts is highly desirable.
|Contact:||Chief Financial Officer|
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with “Chief Financial Officer” in the subject line.
|Website:||visit our website...|