|Details:||The Assistant Superintendent is primarily responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of all water treatment and wastewater treatment plants within Clark County Utilities’ jurisdiction. Responsibilities include staff supervision, operational control of the treatment facilities, reporting to regulatory agencies, after-hours emergency response, and routine and preventive maintenance. Duties also include assisting with management of water distribution and sewer collection maintenance, including staff supervision.|
|Qualifications:||• Graduation from high school or equivalent and six (6) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a treatment facility, including three years at a shift lead or supervisory level. |
• An Associates degree or higher, with an emphasis in science or technology is preferred.
• Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and maintain adequate automobile insurance.
• Must possess a valid State of Ohio Class 3 Wastewater Operator's certification.
• Must possess a valid State of Ohio Class 1 Water Supply Operator certification, or obtain operator-in-training status within six (6) months of hire and certification as soon as Ohio EPA experience certification requirements are met.
• Must possess or obtain at the first opportunity available a State of Ohio Drinking Water Analyst Certification for fluoride and chlorine.
• Knowledge of general principles of supervision and training.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of water and wastewater treatment.
• Skill in planning, organizing, supervising, training and evaluating the work of others.
• Skill in supervising the operations of a variety of water and wastewater treatment plant equipment, including automated control devices.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Mechanical aptitude, alertness and dependability.
• Skill in reading and interpreting plant piping and distribution diagrams and schematics.
• Ability to schedule and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to keep records, make reports and maintain files, documentation and logs in proper condition.
• Ability to evaluate, diagnose and direct plant maintenance repairs, overhauls and modifications.
• Ability to monitor and control plant processes.
• Ability to establish and maintain safe working practices and habits.
• Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at the level required for successful job performance.
• Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Able to carry mobile phone for 24 hour emergency calls.
• Able to work extended shifts or be called back in emergency situations.
• Able to work out of doors in all weather conditions.
• Mobility to work in a typical plant, office, utility construction site or laboratory setting.
• Strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 80 pounds with proper equipment.
• Vision to read printed material, computer screen and determine fine color differences.
• Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone.
• Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation for non-essential tasks.
|Comments:||Applicants interested in the above named position are to submit an employment application, resume and letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office, 3130 East Main St., P.O. Box 357, Springfield, Ohio 45501-0357, fax to (937) 328-2486, or email email@example.com. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position for which you are applying. Applicants needing accommodation in completing this application, please contact the County Personnel Office at (937) 521-2018. Applications may be obtained in the Personnel office or online at http://www.clarkcountyohio.gov/DocumentCenter/View/284.|
3130 East Main St.
Springfield, OH 45505
|Website:||visit our website...|