|Details:||THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS IS GLOBAL. COME JOIN US. |
We are Privateer Holdings, a private equity firm shaping the future of the legal cannabis industry. We are building a portfolio of global brands that will lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis — and we need bold, revolutionary leaders to join us.
A career at Privateer Holdings combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the international opportunities of a major corporation. Our current team is three hundred-strong with employees in five countries and five U.S. states. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
At Privateer, you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity. You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on an international scale. You’ll need to move fast and think on your feet, but you’ll never be bored. This is a new frontier — exciting, fast-paced and deeply rewarding for those who welcome a challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive. Office perks are excellent. You’ll feel appreciated and welcome as part of our team. This is your chance to make a meaningful contribution to a rapidly developing industry. Are you ready to dive in?
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic, and motivated Staff Accountant who will be responsible for performing month-end duties and managing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes participating in month-end processes, maintaining and reconciling ledgers, payables balances, and accounting irregularities. The Staff Accountant will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to accounts payable.
- Complete month-end close procedures related to assigned tasks for each company
- Manage accounts payable, and prepare vendor payments
- Prepare account reconciliations for accounts payable, accruals, prepaid and inventory accounts
- Obtain approval for disbursements to ensure that expenditures do not exceed available cash
- Audit purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other collateral; verifies that orders are charged to the proper accounts
- Review general ledger entries and intercompany transactions for accuracy
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records
- Investigate and resolve payment problems, billing discrepancies, or misapplied cash transactions
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records
- Form payment strategies and procedures to make timely payments and mitigate supplier objections
- Own 1099 process and complete 1099 forms annually
- Ad hoc research and analysis as needed
|Qualifications:||- A diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance|
- Experience handling multi company reconciliations
- Must have a minimum of 3 years direct experience.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records with an effective attention to detail and a high degree of precision
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices and experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports
- Ability to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations and basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Advanced proficiency with ERP accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications with a proven ability to effectively use Microsoft productivity suite
- Strong work ethic along with a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to manage challenging accounts
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills with the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments across the organization, key business partners, and government agencies
|Comments:||Interested in joining our Finance Team?! Please apply here: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?id=8a78842b5bc78bee015bcffc0ece138c&source=Other|
|Website:||visit our website...|