|Title:||Senior Treasury Analyst #44285|
|Details:||Puget Sound Energy’s Treasury department is looking for a Senior Treasury Analyst to join our team. This position supports Treasury and Finance management by preparing quantitative and qualitative analyses related to PSE and its parent companies’ treasury operations including debt financing, capital markets activity, capital structure management, cash management and credit compliance. This position participates in daily treasury management functions including electronic funds transfers, short-term borrowing and investment planning and execution to meet daily operating cash requirements, transaction accounting, compliance tracking and reporting, and issue resolution. Analyzes and evaluates funding and investment alternatives, within guidelines, to optimize the company’s cash position. Lead or participate in projects to enhance the company’s cash flow and working capital management and other projects as assigned.|
We are looking for someone that has the experience and ability to move from preparing journal entries to record everyday cash transactions to researching and responding to inquiries about rating agency credit ratios, corporate capital structure or banking activity and services. The successful candidate will understand and be able to analyze and report on the impacts and implications of various proposed or actual business or financial activity. Experience reading, interpreting and understanding complex financial statements and legal documents is essential. The ability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks is key to success in this position, as is being organized.
At the discretion of the hiring team, this opening may be filled as a senior treasury analyst or treasury analyst depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Prepares or participates in preparation of complex quantitative treasury and financial analyses and models related to treasury and/or financial management, capital structure, credit metrics, hedging opportunities and operations of PSE and its parent companies.
• Participates in daily treasury management functions. This includes electronic funds transfers, day to day banking issue resolution, related accounting entries and transaction documentation, and initiating short-term borrowing and investment transactions to meet daily operating cash requirements.
• Analyzes, projects and plans for cash positions. Executes optimal transactions to minimize interest costs, effectively manage cash flows and maximize investment returns within prescribed guidelines.
• Support the evaluation of new banking products and services.
• Works with internal and external partners to resolve treasury or banking issues and implement needed services.
• Support Treasury Management in creating presentations to rating agencies, owners, regulators, investors, and bank group. Support internal and external audits.
• Tracks and prepares required compliance reporting and certifications and helps ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
• Support cash management and forecasting processes as required.
• Assist in month-end close as required.
• Assist in regulatory reporting (i.e. 10Q, 10K) as required.
• Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field.
• 6 years of finance experience, preferably in treasury.
• Effective analytical, project, and time management skills.
• Experience in negotiating agreements and resolving service issues preferably with banks and financial institutions.
• Strong proficiency in financial modeling and spreadsheet applications like MS Excel.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Solid organization skills and decision making abilities.
• MBA in finance.
• CPA, CFA or CTP certification.
• Treasury, Banking, Capital Markets or utility finance experience.
• Experience working in SAP environment.
|Employer:||Puget Sound Energy|
|Website:||visit our website...|