|Title:||Flow Monitoring Technician|
|Location:||Cuyahoga Heights, OH|
|Details:||Installs, maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots portable flow and level monitoring equipment including meters, sensors, and cables. Develops graphs, trends, and reports from the monitoring data to evaluate and improve the performance of the District’s wastewater collection system and stormwater system. Verifies and ensures integrity and quality of data. Creates, modifies and updates drawings. Maintains, updates, and categorizes documents. Tracks project status and represents the department on improvement projects, teams and workgroups. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.|
- Uses portable level and flow monitors to provide modeling data and evaluate automated site operation in order to reduce combined sewer overflow frequency and volume. Evaluates the operational condition of various combined sewer regulators, outfalls, sanitary sewers, combined sewers, and stormwater conduits and streams. Collects and assembles data from various internal and external sources to assist in investigation of wastewater collection system and stormwater related problems. Verifies and ensures integrity and quality of data. Analyzes the results of data and prepares reports and develops graphs, trends, and reports from the monitoring data.
- Works with field crews to determine monitoring locations and diagnose unique field conditions affecting the operation of the equipment. Assists in the development and implementation of flow and level monitoring training programs for the field crews. Directs crews and assists with the proper installation of flow and level monitors. Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots portable flow and level monitoring equipment including meters, sensors, and cables.
- Assists crews with documenting and calibrating permanent level and flow monitoring equipment through the usage of portable monitors and portable monitoring data. Creates level to flow conversion tables for permanent level monitors and automated regulators. Develops flow equations and verifies accuracy of equations.
- Sets up and maintains project files, progress charts, schedules, drafts, and plans for the level and flow monitoring program. Creates various installation and record drawings
- Assists staff in identifying capital improvement and maintenance projects by identifying problem areas such as flow restrictions. Represents the department on various work groups and teams
- Makes recommendations for upgrade, replacement, and selection of flow and level monitoring equipment
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Candidate must possess an Associate degree, preferably in Applied Technologies or a closely related field OR the candidate must have completed sufficient coursework toward a Bachelor degree, from a 4-year degree program, in a declared major within a related field.
- Candidate must possess three (3) years of work experience in wastewater collection or stormwater systems, utilizing data collection processes, data analysis, and research or survey methodology, to provide modeling data, document current methodology, and potential improvements, and effectively collect, interpret and communicate relevant data.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid state of Ohio driver’s license with a driving record in accordance with the District’s acceptable guidelines.
- Candidate must possess Class II State of Ohio Wastewater Operator Certificate or a Class II State of Ohio Collection System Operator’s certificate. Will be required within two (2) years of hire.
- Candidate must obtain a certificate of completion of the Red Cross Standard Multimedia First Aid Course and C.P.R. certification within six (6) months of employment and be recertified as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess knowledge of AutoCAD. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Excel and Word software
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication, as well as a superior commitment to high quality service, and the ability to successfully build and sustain positive and collaborative working relationships with all levels within the organization, and with external organizations, partners, and customers. Exceptional customer service skills including negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills to address issues, differences of opinion, and maintain effective working relationships is required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of the position the employee must be able to spend up to 75% of time outdoors in potentially contaminated, noisy, dirty, dark, and/or restricted space, including wet wells, sewers, elevated locations, and high volume vehicle traffic areas wearing eye and ear protection, and breathing apparatus.
|Comments:||DISCLAIMER: The information outlined in this job description indicates the general nature and type of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities or competencies required of employees within this classification|
|Employer:||Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District|
|Website:||visit our website...|