|Details:||Coastal Villages Region Fund is currently seeking applications for a Senior Accountant to work in our corporate office in Anchorage, Alaska. The primary job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, posting journal entries, reconciliations, process improvement, fixed-assets, and inventory. The Senior Accountant also provides assistance during period close and external audit processes. This position requires a highly motivated and analytical thinker who is able to work through complex problems and make valid GL accounting recommendations. The Senior Accountant position requires management and leadership skills.|
Specific Duties May Include:
• Overall responsibility for general ledger maintenance to include: prepare, review, audit and verify journal entries. Record accruals, deferrals and reserves
• Processing and reporting of fixed assets including periodic depreciation, retirement, transfer and impairments
• Researching and reconciling all discrepancies in GL accounts
• Following internal controls as identified by the management and ensure GL team is in compliance
• Performing financial analysis as needed
• Coaching and training team members
• Addressing and resolving GL accounting issues caused in other accounting system modules
• Assisting in accounting close by monitoring the process and maintaining and reviewing related logs.
• Assisting in external audit process to include preparation of audit schedules, responding to auditors’ inquiries
• Competency in more advanced functionalities of MS Excel such as pivots, lookups, and data manipulation functions
• Ability to cover selected responsibilities of Financial Accounting Manager on an as-needed- basis
• Other duties as needed
This position reports directly to the Financial Accounting Manager.
Starting Wage: DOE – Status: Exempt – Full-time
CVRF offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees to include: PTO, 12 Paid Holidays, STD, LTD, Life, FSA, 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision, EAP, Educational Assistance, and Free Parking.
Accounting degree with at least 4 years of experience is required. CPA certification is not required but is strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to communicate in a professional manner and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume work setting and maintain a positive and productive team environment. A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail, along with strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines, is required. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required, and experience working with Great Plains software and online applications systems is a plus.
Coastal Villages Region Fund has a strict Drug and Alcohol Policy. As a condition of employment, selected applicants must have acceptable background and reference check results.
***To be considered for employment, you MUST apply via our website. ***
To be considered for employment, you MUST apply online at using our application portal. To access this position opening directly, please visit https://coastalvillages.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/21eff794-6f37-9f4f-5db5-10647054afaf/apply?source=501644-CS-15459 in order to apply. For a full list of Coastal Villages Region Fund's positions that we are accepting applications for, please visit www.coastalvillages.org/careers/job-listings.
In order to successfully perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to effectively remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, communicate with others in person and over the phone, and move about inside the office. This position requires the ability to sit, effectively use hands and fingers, talk and listen, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally this position may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is also a requirement.
This position is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and florescent lighting. It requires the regular use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics listed are representative of those that must be borne by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
|Employer:||Coastal Villages Region Fund|
711 H Street
|Website:||visit our website...|