|Details:||Coastal Villages Region Fund is currently seeking applications for a Payroll Accountant to work in our corporate office in Anchorage, Alaska. This position is responsible for payroll processing and payroll accounting for a diverse company with multiple subsidiaries and 1,200+ seasonal employees. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, processing payroll, meeting deadlines, daily workflow, and ensuring proper reflection of payroll activities into the G/L. Duties may include reviewing of payroll batches, balancing earnings and deduction totals, calculating and preparing general ledger entries, reviewing automated system output such as registers and standard reports, researching and correcting out-of-balance transactions, and gathering payroll data for inclusion in financial statements. Additionally, this position will research and prepare special reports for management, calculate crew shares, and assist the processing of in house garnishments. The Payroll Accountant will work closely with the Payroll Supervisor to reconcile annual W-2 statements, as well as reviewing quarterly filings for state and federal taxes, workers compensation, and unemployment. Back-up for Payroll Supervisor as needed.|
Specific Duties May Include:
• Assist in the process of paying employees in multiple pay cycles, reviewing detail work prior to posting and paying.
• Prepare various reports as needed through review and compilation of payroll data.
• Review the reconciliation of PTO balances and work with HR for any corrections that may be needed in the payroll module.
• Reconcile payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of all payroll federal, state, & unemployment taxes, both employee and employer, and workers compensation payments.
• 1st review of quarterly and annual tax reporting, as well as W-2 forms, in accordance with legal requirements.
• Balance the payroll general ledger accounts and prepare correcting entries as needed.
• Work with employees to resolve pay discrepancies.
• Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Assist in the mentoring and training of 2 payroll specialists.
• Assist the Supervisor with reporting and problem solving in the areas of federal, state, and local legal compliance filings.
• Maintain employee confidence in the accuracy of work and protect confidential payroll operations.
• Work with the Controller and other accountants to ensure accurate payroll information capture and reconciliation.
• Other duties as needed
This position reports directly to the Payroll Supervisor.
Starting Wage: DOE – Status: Exempt – Full-time
CVRF offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees to include: PTO, 12 Paid Holidays, STD, LTD, Life, FSA, 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision, EAP, Educational Assistance, and Free Parking.
Bachelor degree in accounting and at least 1 year multi-state payroll experience is required. Must be knowledgeable of wage and hour statues and regulations to include federal, state, and local tax laws. Knowledge of commercial fisheries (crewshare payroll) preferred, but not required. Competency in advanced functionalities of MS Excel such as pivots, lookups, and data manipulation functions is required. Experience with Paylocity & HCM software is a plus. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume payroll setting and maintain a positive and productive work environment. A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail, along with strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines, is required. This position will require APA certification within 12 months of hire.
Coastal Villages Region Fund has a strict Drug and Alcohol Policy. As a condition of employment, selected applicants must have acceptable background and reference check results.
***To be considered for employment, you MUST apply via our website. ***
To be considered for employment, you MUST apply online at using our application portal. To access this position opening directly, please visit https://coastalvillages.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/692e4c84-e7b4-e9d1-6480-6edb0e421009/apply?source=506815-CS-17675 in order to apply. For a full list of Coastal Villages Region Fund's positions that we are accepting applications for, please visit www.coastalvillages.org/careers/job-listings.
In order to successfully perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to effectively remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, communicate with others in person and over the phone, and move about inside the office. This position requires the ability to sit, effectively use hands and fingers, talk and listen, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally this position may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is also a requirement.
This position is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and florescent lighting. It requires the regular use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics listed are representative of those that must be borne by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
|Employer:||Coastal Villages Region Fund|
711 H Street, Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99501
|Website:||visit our website...|