Illinois Emergency Services Management Association - Event Information
IESMA Awards Submission Deadline
IESMA will accept nominations for the following awards until 3/23/2108 at noon.
1. Outstanding Service to Emergency Management – the O D Troutman IESMA Emergency
Manager of the Year Award
2. Outstanding Volunteer Service to Emergency Management – the Volunteer of the Year
3. Outstanding Service to the IESMA Executive Board – the Louise Tilford Pierce Executive
Board Member of the Year Award – President and executive board to select this award.
4. IESMA Emergency Management Agency of the Year Award
Criteria could include innovation in preparedness, exceptional response to a disaster, etc.
5. IESMA Five Phases Award
Awarded to an IESMA member (possibly include agency/program) who has demonstrated
extraordinary leadership or innovation in one or more of the five phases of emergency
6. IESMA Community Partnership Award
Awarded to community group, NFP, business, etc. that demonstrates a dedication to partnering
with emergency management in Illinois (local or state level) to better prepare for, respond to,
recover from, or mitigate disaster Nominated by IESMA member.
7. IESMA Student of the Year Award
Awarded to a student enrolled in an emergency management (or public safety related degree)
program at an accredited institution of higher learning in the State of Illinois who has made
significant contributions to the field of emergency management in Illinois or to IESMA
Nominated by professor, instructor, or any other IESMA member.
Please submit the attached form for each award you wish to nominate someone for. Nomination forms need to be submitted via email to Mike Crews Chairman of Awards Committee (email@example.com) by Noon on March 23rd.